Official 2014 NFL Game Pass Thread - Page 8 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Old 01.07.2014, 08:12 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeytom View Post
Apple TV is dead, why bother when you can Chromecast for 3/4 times less the price
Bu bu bu but it's Apple!
Old 01.07.2014, 12:42 PM
Pro

Question Live streaming quality on Chromecast

Great news on downloadable games and archived content. I just hope they resolve the quality issues that dogged GP for much of last season, at least for the iOS app.

I have a question for those of you who have Chromecast. I've looked into it before as a cheaper alternative to Apple TV, and read more than once that while it works well streaming pre-recorded or archived content, it struggles with live streams. Can anyone shed any light on this - has this been your experience?

Thanks.
Old 01.07.2014, 01:27 PM
All Pro

Good news about downloadable games however I need some more details if possible?

How soon after the end of a game will it be downloadable. Is there any chance il be able to download SNF before I leave the house Monday morning?
Also regarding bitrates, I'd rather have an 800k download to watch asap so hopefully we'll have options. In an ideal world id be able to schedule a download before a game has been played.
Old 01.07.2014, 02:21 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonno View Post
Good news about downloadable games however I need some more details if possible?

How soon after the end of a game will it be downloadable. Is there any chance il be able to download SNF before I leave the house Monday morning?
Also regarding bitrates, I'd rather have an 800k download to watch asap so hopefully we'll have options. In an ideal world id be able to schedule a download before a game has been played.
lol don't want much do you!
Old 01.07.2014, 03:36 PM
Starter

I will be intrigued to see how they handle the downloads.

On an ipad, for instance - will the download happen in the background, with the ipad locked, or will the app need to be open; and 'auto lock' switched off to ensure the download completes? Will partial downloads resume... will position in video be synchronised between devices? all the usual questions.

I don't think an ipad can download large files in the background... but maybe it can with the latest version of ios. Having certain late games available to watch in the morning, Results off, will be good.
Old 01.07.2014, 05:16 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeytom View Post
Apple TV is dead, why bother when you can Chromecast for 3/4 times less the price
Errrr..they are completely different. Apple TV runs all my photos around the house, plus videos , MLB tv! NBA tv and numerous other apps and uses.

Chromecast just puts what is your tablet / computer on the tv...
Old 01.07.2014, 07:34 PM
Pro Bowler

Has anyone out there got a Smart TV with the ability to Miracast from Windows 8.1 and, if so, are you able to mirror Gamepass that way?

Been looking to buy a new laptop and noticed my TV allows WIDI/Miracast display so wondering if this could be an option.
Old 01.07.2014, 08:44 PM
All Pro

Is there any official answer to why no X Box/Playstation apps?
Old 01.07.2014, 09:13 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayers View Post
This is all great - but once again here we go.......would you be able to tell me why I can not log in to my account - keep getting error code=0 when I try to log in
This is error is caused when you click the login button more than once. It should still log you in.
Old 02.07.2014, 06:47 PM
Pro

Last season I got season plus and it is set to renew automatically on August 1st, this year all I want is the follow your team option, If I was to pay for the follow your team option before August 1st, will that cancel the automatic update of the season plus I had last season?