2014 Preseason Week 1 - Page 16 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 10.08.2014, 10:04 AM
All Pro

After being remarkably impressed by Bortles (for the record I was not a fan of his coming out of the draft), Manziel was somewhat of a disappointment. With his first team reps next week he must prove that his eyes are fast enough for the NFL.
Old 10.08.2014, 10:38 AM
MVP

Scoots Tolzien had a 100 passer rating in a monsoon! Giving Flynn a run for his money.

O-line looked good apparently. Jimmy Starks looked good.

Returning kicks and punts still an issue by the looks of it.

Hard to judge D, or receivers.
Old 10.08.2014, 12:23 PM
Hall of Fame

Dont be sure that Johnny will be taking first team reps or starting next week, he may get a few mins in first quarter but Hoyer will start next week unless injury dictates.

What i liked about Johnny was that he stayed in the pocket and then took the hit whilst making that last second choice and then making the play, he clearly has the arm strength so no worries there and once he gets used to the speed he will look better, just remember to bleepin slide and not go head first, go call Colt McCoy and see if he can give you some advice
Old 10.08.2014, 12:28 PM
Pro Bowler

Anyone think the a texans might get the number 1 pick 2 years in a row?
Old 10.08.2014, 12:31 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30 20 10 TOUCHDOWN View Post
No, as much as i like Bortles and see him starting at some point i would be very surprised if it wasnt the Jags though i could see them being decent in a year or two
Old 10.08.2014, 12:40 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebladedawg View Post
No, as much as i like Bortles and see him starting at some point i would be very surprised if it wasnt the Jags though i could see them being decent in a year or two
Jags defence will be legit next year. They'll win a fair few games in my opinion. Bradley I reckon is gonna be a mighty fine Head Coach.
Old 10.08.2014, 01:11 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by b182dammit View Post
Good first drive for both offence and defence. Palmer goes 5/5 for 80+ yards and a TD, looked great. Brown had a couple of huge 3rd down catches, one a great catch off Stanton. He is being built up big time in camp, and he is beating guys all over the field, with ease. If this stacks up we could have one heck of a receiving core. Cooper gives up a sack to Watt first passing play, got lit up big time. Settled down after that and looked good.

Defence saw the Texans 3 and out. Minter got deep into the backfield and had an opportunity to stop a running play about 4 yards from the line but missed the tackle first play. Secondary looked tight all over the receivers. Minter tips one up in the air for a Cromatrie pick on the Texans 2nd drive. Looking lively Minter.

Good positive, fast start to the year, Coops giving up that sack aside. Running game has got little going, but not really concerned about that. Ellington and Taylor did nothing of note last pre-season.

Fitzpatrick has saw almost all of the first half and looked pretty inept. It may only be pre-season game 1, but playing against vanilla D's, Id be concerned.

Logan Thomas has come in the 3rd quarter and looking really good, really really good. Some of the exchanges look a bit off, but so far, thrown some darts, and really accurate darts at that, going through his reads well, picking apart coverage.
Could hardly have gone any better. And no injuries. Thank goodness for that.

One thing to take out of the game. Teams aren't going to try to block Clowney with a tight End. (His highlight college play against Michigan was when a Tight End was covering him and Lewan was blocking inside).
And people are going to try to pass on Clowney all game.
Old 10.08.2014, 03:35 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30 20 10 TOUCHDOWN View Post
It's possible, Houston were as bad as Arizona were good.

Thought Arizona's new Rookie QB Logan Thomas was excellent as well. That's the kind of QB Houston need. Ryan Fitzpatrick will get them nowhere fast!
Old 10.08.2014, 07:35 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantMackem View Post
Jags defence will be legit next year. They'll win a fair few games in my opinion. Bradley I reckon is gonna be a mighty fine Head Coach.
Quite possibly but i will have to wait and see first before im remotely convinced, they were easily the worst team by a long stretch we played last year and though that was last season its going to take some vast improvement IMO
Old 11.08.2014, 04:46 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantMackem View Post
Their first and second string D tore our O (albeit poor O) line apart at the weekend.

I think they'll do better than most think.