New Dynasty League - Page 7 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > NFL Fantasy Games

Old 11.11.2014, 06:45 PM
MVP

Connor Barwin, you are a beast! That was my best pickup of the season.
Old 18.11.2014, 09:12 AM
All Pro

Aaaaaaaaand I'll get back in my box now. Another pathetic outing
Old 26.11.2014, 03:34 PM
MVP

Hi guys,

Since we are now in the last week of the regular season, can I remind you all to set your Keepers for next season. The league settings allow you to retain your entire roster if you so wish. I will extend the roster size by seven before next season's draft(so that your drafted players can be added without losing any of your current players) and I will then reduce the roster size back to it's current level before the start of the regular season. This will allow us to watch the pre-season games and decide which players we want to cut before Week 1.

I have also included a poll on the league home page regarding the IDP settings for next season. Now that we've dipped our toe in the water, and have an idea how it works, I would personally like us to increase the IDP starters to 3 DL, 3 LB and 3 DB's. I will add an extra roster slot for each of the three defensive positions if we decide to go down that route.

Cc
Old 26.11.2014, 08:14 PM
Pro

Thanks for the reminder, I've just set my keepers.

I would also like the IDP starters increased, there have been a few weeks where it was a hard decision on who to start and ended up starting the wrong one, hopefully everyone else agrees.
Old 27.11.2014, 03:30 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN_P View Post
Thanks for the reminder, I've just set my keepers.

I would also like the IDP starters increased, there have been a few weeks where it was a hard decision on who to start and ended up starting the wrong one, hopefully everyone else agrees.
That's happened to me several times. Marcell Dareus and Kyle Williams have been a real headache for me, I often seem to pick the wrong one. I've got slightly better at picking my defensive players as the season has gone on though.
Old 28.11.2014, 04:21 PM
Rookie

are you still thinking about removing the position limits?
Old 01.12.2014, 03:41 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazakJnr View Post
are you still thinking about removing the position limits?
It wasn't on my mind to remove the roster limits?

I think the roster limits work quite well as they help to keep the waiver wire active. I've noticed in other leagues that people have a habit of stockpiling RBs and WRs and it leaves the waiver wire a virtual wasteland. I'd imagine this would be even more of an issue in a Dynasty League and I'd like to try and avoid it if possible.

If we push ahead with increasing the IDP starters then I will be adding an extra roster slot for each of the three defensive positions. If the majority felt strongly that an extra roster slot for the RB and WR positions would be a good thing then that could be an option?
Old 05.12.2014, 07:44 AM
Pro Bowler

If you are increasing the IPD players why not add flex spot rather than positional spots?

On roster limits,I quite like it as is but the issue starts when players hit IR, if you loose 2 RBs you end up forced to drop players you wouldn't otherwise drop.
What about taking the limits off but having a rule that you can only have 6 players on the active roster per position?. Obviously this requires everyone to be trust worthy that they won't overfil positions but its easy to spot offenders. It would also stop the issue with trades that we had earlier where trades were being rejected because I was being forced to pick players up as I needed starters and I couldn't drop them before the league was putting through the trade.
Old 08.12.2014, 05:48 PM
MVP

Quote:
If you are increasing the IPD players why not add flex spot rather than positional spots?
Having 3 starters at each of the defensive positions just seems like the next logical step.

Quote:
On roster limits,I quite like it as is but the issue starts when players hit IR, if you loose 2 RBs you end up forced to drop players you wouldn't otherwise drop.
What about taking the limits off but having a rule that you can only have 6 players on the active roster per position?. Obviously this requires everyone to be trust worthy that they won't overfil positions but its easy to spot offenders.
I agree that this is a bit of a problem as it's a situation I have found myself in this season. Although there is a part of me that thinks making a choice between dropping an injured player you want to keep long term in order to find an immediate starter is a part of the strategy of the game.

I would however be willing to go along with your suggestion of taking steps to try and ensure injuries don't force owners to cut players they would like to keep. How about I remove the roster limits but with the understanding that no owner can have more than 6 active players at any position at any one time? I would also add the two following caveats to that rule:

1. The QB, TE and Kicker positions remain limited to 3 active players at any one time.

2. If an owner has more than the allotted number of active players at a position when the week's games commence(this includes Thursday night games) then the lowest scoring active player will be removed from the roster immediately and the owner in question forfeits the right to make any waiver claims the following week. It will be up to each owner to ensure that his roster remains within this limit at all times and no exceptions will be made.

How does that sound? Fair or too harsh??

Last edited by Corvus corax; 16.12.2014 at 11:23 AM.
Old 16.12.2014, 11:34 AM
MVP

The play-off picture is now complete and reads as follows:

Championship Game
Harbingers of Doom v Sharpie's Superbowl Studs

3rd Place Play-off
Gotham City Rouges v Dr Jekyll and Micah Hyde

5th Place Play-off
MEGA WATT v Ronde's Barber Shop

7th Place Play-off
Send in the Clowney's v Ivor Wynne Afternoons

9th Place Play-off
Jake Locker's Body of Glass v Quinned

Good luck to all owners in your final game of the season. I hope you have all enjoyed the season as much as I have and will be returning for more of the same next year.

**It has come to my attention that some owners have not been setting their lineup during the play-offs. This is disappointing to see. When owners don't set their lineup it compromises the integrity of the league, which in turn spoils it for the owners who do take the time to set their lineups each week. This is especially true in a Dynasty League where draft positions for next year are affected by results in the play-offs.

I will be looking at ways of preventing this from happening again next season. If any owners have suggestions on this front I will be happy to take them on board.**

Last edited by Corvus corax; 16.12.2014 at 11:38 AM.