Superbash 2015 Spare Tickets - The Actual Thread - Page 7 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL in the UK

Old 20.01.2015, 09:18 PM
Pro Bowler

OK guys heres the skinny.

Firstly calm down. Stop folding like the packers and start being resilient like the sea hawks :P

OK joking aside. This thread has been running for several years and over the years we have been told by the Mods that we must run this a certain way or it will be taken away. We are lucky we are even allowed to run it because by the rules they should take the spares away and redraw them. So play by these rules or we will lose this right.

So let me run down how this works.

1. The list is just the list. It was in the order of people posting but it does NOT denote the order people will get tickets if/when spares come up. It was generated from people posting in the previous threads that got mangled and they were written down as they posted. It has nothing to do with how long you've been on how often you post blah blah blah.

2. This post is NOT here to dictate who gets tickets because of what. Keep that off of here. We can in no way ask people with spares to distribute them a certain way. See points 3 and 4.

3. If a person has a spare its up to them how they want to distribute it and who they give it to. Don't ask, don't beg, just let them decide who or how.

4. No method or overall favouritism is employed when allocating spares. Its entirely up to the person with the spare. You may find a guy who owes a guy from last year because he gave him one but other than that your posts, time, and everything else count for nothing. It's up to who has the spare. So please cut out this bickering over who deserves what. It's a waste of time, it clutters the thread, and it may get it deleted.
Even myself and thirdisorange have no extra chance over anyone else on the list. This is purely done to help everyone out. If someone wants to give us one, great, if not I'll be on BLM's list in the slug like everyone else.

5. We don't distribute the spares the person does.

6. No money/goods are to change hands. Period. If you want to reimburse them for postage fine. But thats it.

7. If you won a sponsors competition and have a spare you may want to handle that privately. Last year people had their competition tickets taken away after posting they won here and had a spare.

8. This post is not to debate the system. It's to help find spares. Go debate that elsewhere please.

I'm going to update the list and add these 8 points to the original post. Now please simmer down guys. If I think of any other points on this I'll add those too. Any queries ask away but keep it sensible and civil.

thanks

Rhys
Old 20.01.2015, 09:22 PM
Pro Bowler

OK original post updated and list updated. if you got missed off please let me know. Please read and digest the rules and remember these were set by the mods and we're lucky to be allowed to do this. It may not seem like it right now because you're upset and you didnt get tickets but we really are so please keep it sensible so we don't lose this, end up with no tickets and disappointed.
Old 20.01.2015, 09:34 PM
Rookie

Can I add my name to the list? I'd be looking for 2 if at all possible.
Old 20.01.2015, 09:36 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhysd2 View Post
OK guys heres the skinny.

Firstly calm down. Stop folding like the packers and start being resilient like the sea hawks :P

OK joking aside. This thread has been running for several years and over the years we have been told by the Mods that we must run this a certain way or it will be taken away. We are lucky we are even allowed to run it because by the rules they should take the spares away and redraw them. So play by these rules or we will lose this right.

So let me run down how this works.

1. The list is just the list. It was in the order of people posting but it does NOT denote the order people will get tickets if/when spares come up. It was generated from people posting in the previous threads that got mangled and they were written down as they posted. It has nothing to do with how long you've been on how often you post blah blah blah.

2. This post is NOT here to dictate who gets tickets because of what. Keep that off of here. We can in no way ask people with spares to distribute them a certain way. See points 3 and 4.

3. If a person has a spare its up to them how they want to distribute it and who they give it to. Don't ask, don't beg, just let them decide who or how.

4. No method or overall favouritism is employed when allocating spares. Its entirely up to the person with the spare. You may find a guy who owes a guy from last year because he gave him one but other than that your posts, time, and everything else count for nothing. It's up to who has the spare. So please cut out this bickering over who deserves what. It's a waste of time, it clutters the thread, and it may get it deleted.
Even myself and thirdisorange have no extra chance over anyone else on the list. This is purely done to help everyone out. If someone wants to give us one, great, if not I'll be on BLM's list in the slug like everyone else.

5. We don't distribute the spares the person does.

6. No money/goods are to change hands. Period. If you want to reimburse them for postage fine. But thats it.

7. If you won a sponsors competition and have a spare you may want to handle that privately. Last year people had their competition tickets taken away after posting they won here and had a spare.

8. This post is not to debate the system. It's to help find spares. Go debate that elsewhere please.

I'm going to update the list and add these 8 points to the original post. Now please simmer down guys. If I think of any other points on this I'll add those too. Any queries ask away but keep it sensible and civil.

thanks

Rhys
Thanks Rhys , support this 100 % and to clarify and confirm myself point 4, I absolutely am not expecting preferential treatment as you say

'Even myself and thirdisorange have no extra chance over anyone else on the list. This is purely done to help everyone out. If someone wants to give us one, great, if not I'll be on BLM's list in the slug like everyone else.'

Last edited by thirdisorange; 20.01.2015 at 09:38 PM.
Old 20.01.2015, 09:42 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdisorange View Post
Thanks Rhys , support this 100 % and to clarify and confirm myself point 4, I absolutely am not expecting preferential treatment as you say

'Even myself and thirdisorange have no extra chance over anyone else on the list. This is purely done to help everyone out. If someone wants to give us one, great, if not I'll be on BLM's list in the slug like everyone else.'
I'm working long hours the next 2 days bit then off for a week. Will try to help you guys keep the list up to date from Friday.
Old 20.01.2015, 09:45 PM
Team Captain

Can I add one more for myself please? That should bring me to 3 in total
Old 20.01.2015, 09:51 PM
Starter

rhysd2 could you please add me to the list (x2 tickets).
Thanks
Old 20.01.2015, 09:53 PM
Pro Bowler

Khas and Nel list updated for you both.

Also added point 9. to clear up confusion

9. In no way is this associated or linked with Blue Lion Mans list. This is purely here to help distribute spares before the event on the forums. If you want on his list you must turn up at the slug and ask him.

**edit** added you too spet3rd.
Old 20.01.2015, 11:04 PM
Rookie

Is it at all possible to add my name to the list, please? I'd be looking for 1 ticket. Thanks very much.
Old 20.01.2015, 11:09 PM
Pro Bowler

Added and up to date off for some sleep happy ticket hunting all