Bears Free Agency 2015 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Chicago Bears

Old 09.03.2015, 07:16 PM
Rookie

Default Bears Free Agency 2015

Bears are closing in on 5 year deal with OLB Pernell McPhee. Deal is expected to be worth just under $40M total.
Re McPhee: was rated the 2nd best OLB behind J. Houston last year via @pff & can be effective at either OLB or 5-tech. He's 280. #Bears
Per source, the McPhee deal should be officially announced around the time that the new league year starts (tomorrow at 3pm CT). #Bears
@AaronLemingNFL

More info about McPhee here: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ernell-mcphee/

For anyone on twitter, would suggest following Aaron Leming if you are not doing so already!
Old 10.03.2015, 09:59 AM
Team Captain

Happy with the McPhee signing. Got to admit that I don't know that much about him, but he seems to be highly rated!

Also seen internet rumours that we're interested in Mason Foster and Brooks Reed both to play ILB. And 'Pot Roast' to play NT

Would be very happy to get these 3 - Especially Knighton!

The threadbare CB market however is starting to make me think we may be considering taking Waynes with the #7 pick??
Old 11.03.2015, 11:06 AM
MVP

Antrel Rolle and Eddie Royal will visit Halas Hall today.

Royal would be a nice addition to play out of the slot and hopefully Cutlers safety blanket. Rolle has built a reputation as a takes no prisoners type of safety, durable too even if he is on the older side
Old 11.03.2015, 03:11 PM
Team Captain

Got to admit, both these signings are less than inspiring too me!!
Old 12.03.2015, 06:22 AM
MVP

Rolle and Royal signed to 3 year deals.
Old 18.03.2015, 03:50 PM
Team Captain

So far so good for me in this FA period. Pace is doing a good job of laying some foundations that will allow us to go B.P.A in the draft.

Anyone thinking all of our issues will be solved in this FA period need to think again. We are lining ourselves up well to give the young talent on this defence from last year a chance to progress and show what they can do, while also putting ourselves in a position where we will have some good cap space next year.

I totally agree regarding lemmings, dude was on fire last off season and he has picked it up this year. He was a big 24 hours ahead of everyone else on the B.Marsh trade.
Old 19.03.2015, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator

I think McPhee was worth the risk.It is a risk, but one with huge potential upside.

Not thrilled with Rolle, but it's not bad either. He's an upgrade and a stop gap.

Royal is a decent slot guy.

It's all about the draft. In our position that's the correct approach I think.