NFLUK 2019 7 round Mock Draft-Discussion thread - Page 84 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 03.04.2019, 05:50 AM
Team Captain

Pick made, PM sent, entertaining offers for 138 if anyone's interested.

Powers is a really technically sound pass protector and even at Guard I value this highly enough to overlook potential athleticism issues in the run game. The Philadelphia O Line is at risk of growing old together and adding another youngster helps mitigate that.
Old 03.04.2019, 07:55 AM
Team Captain

Pick made, PM sent to Chris.

I know Joseph has some ugly tape in there, but oh boy, when he looks good is there plenty to work with. If he was treated as a plug and play starter you would have to tolerate some blown plays there as he currently plays a bit "point and steer" rather than reading the whole field, but we don't need that from him. We can bring him into the rotation, and develop him both in terms of his bulk and his reading of the game.

Not so long ago we were heavily reliant on Sean Lee, who has been great, but injury prone. Suddenly this gives us a very dynamic and youthful group with him being added to Smith and Vander Esch.

There is a lot I like about this kid, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if someone falls in love with him and takes him higher than this.
Old 03.04.2019, 08:00 AM
All Pro

Pick made, can someone let Paul know the Chargers are on the clock.

Happy to get Oliver where I have, certainly rate him above some of the TEs that have already been taken.
Old 03.04.2019, 08:02 AM
Team Captain

We're flying along this morning.
Old 03.04.2019, 08:03 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris caulfield View Post

Happy to get Oliver where I have, certainly rate him above some of the TEs that have already been taken.
Good player. I gave him serious consideration for the Cowboys with the pick before you. Completely agree, he is better than some TEs that have already gone.
Old 03.04.2019, 08:20 AM
All Pro

Quote:

Nice pick, he was my plan B at TE if I hadn't gone down the route of an early TE (which is the one area of my draft for Denver this year I am currently still having second thoughts about)

PM'd Paul as well

And as a Gator, just loved watching Joseph play, have ignored the ugly tape Gritt

Last edited by maguiremick; 03.04.2019 at 08:24 AM.
Old 03.04.2019, 08:23 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritt 23 View Post
Pick made, PM sent to Chris.

I know Joseph has some ugly tape in there, but oh boy, when he looks good is there plenty to work with. If he was treated as a plug and play starter you would have to tolerate some blown plays there as he currently plays a bit "point and steer" rather than reading the whole field, but we don't need that from him. We can bring him into the rotation, and develop him both in terms of his bulk and his reading of the game.

Not so long ago we were heavily reliant on Sean Lee, who has been great, but injury prone. Suddenly this gives us a very dynamic and youthful group with him being added to Smith and Vander Esch.

There is a lot I like about this kid, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if someone falls in love with him and takes him higher than this.
Certainly the round for the Cowboys to look for LB's. A nice bit of security too in terms of hammering a long term deal for Jaylon Smith. I haven't watched him play, but I like the pick in terms of what you've done so far.

Quote:

He was my 'Plan B' to Drew Sample. Looks more athletic on tape than he tested. Huge mits too, 10 3/4" - should help when it comes to catching the ball!
Old 03.04.2019, 08:24 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by maguiremick View Post
Nice pick, he was my plan B at TE if I hadn't gone down the route of an early TE (which is the one area of my draft for Denver this year I am currently still having second thoughts about)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
He was my 'Plan B' to Drew Sample. Looks more athletic on tape than he tested. Huge mits too, 10 3/4" - should help when it comes to catching the ball!
Josh 'Plan B' Oliver!
Old 03.04.2019, 08:25 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Josh 'Plan B' Oliver!
I already bagged 'Plan B' Richard, you will have to take 'Plan C'...First come first served...
Old 03.04.2019, 08:27 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by maguiremick View Post
I already bagged 'Plan B' Richard, you will have to take 'Plan C'...First come first served...
Fair point.

Josh 'The Plan' Oliver it is then!