The Good, The Bad And The Ugly 2014 - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 24.06.2014, 11:33 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanamagic View Post
I've seen a few folks having the same opinion what with playing the NFC West, general schedule and their secondary not getting it done. Then I've seen others saying that the secondary has been solidified, Miller is back for the sack tally to go up and they will again be AFC champs. Seems to be a lot of polarized opinions on the Broncos.
There is no way our defence can suck as much as they did last year. With TJ Ward, Talib, DeMarcus Ware, Von Miller and Chris Harris all suited up then fingers crossed our D will be getting teams off the field a lot more than we saw last year.
Old 24.06.2014, 11:33 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin_Akie View Post
I do like Watkins as a player, one of the best receivers in the draft but agree with that. I think they'll be looking for a new QB next off-season and with no 1st round pick that will be difficult.
It's true, same as every team. If you don't have a QB, you don't have a team, simple..

Which is quite sad considering the Bills are gathering quite a roster...
Old 24.06.2014, 11:35 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30 20 10 TOUCHDOWN View Post
There is no way our defence can suck as much as they did last year. With TJ Ward, Talib, DeMarcus Ware, Von Miller and Chris Harris all suited up then fingers crossed our D will be getting teams off the field a lot more than we saw last year.
You'd hope, but we've seen what happens when previously good players all get dumped on a team together.
Could be magic or could leave you scratching your head why it didn't work
Old 24.06.2014, 11:40 AM
Hall of Fame

I can see the Broncos dropping off, but there is no way I can see them not reaching the play offs and most likely still getting a bye.

KC will regress I am sure and miss out on the playoffs, Raiders will improve but with Schaub at QB won't pull up any trees and San Diego I think will do well but steal a wild card.
Old 24.06.2014, 11:41 AM
All Pro

Good

Buccs (9/10 wins) - I really like what they've done this Offseason, assuming one of their QBs can become a serviceable starter they could be a really strong team this year with Martin back. Wouldn't be suprised to see them in the Playoffs.

Bad

Cowboys (6 wins) - for the reasons others have alluded, that D is awful and although they still have some weapons I think they go backwards this year. Romo will win them games this year but still get a lot of stick...

Ugly

Carolina (4/5 wins) - I just can't see how they're going to win many games with their roster...

Regarding the Steelers (due to others mentioning them), I find them really hard to place. I could absolutely see them getting a strong record and winning the North but, I can equally see them having an awful season. Their offence isn't that scary outside of Brown and although Big Ben is a great QB, there's a high chance of him missing a few games through injury. If he does, they'll struggle to win games and I think their D is still in a possible decline. They'll be interesting to watch, I think a few games into the season we should know if they'll be challenging or not but I'm really struggling to decide atm.
Old 24.06.2014, 11:48 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneddon11 View Post
Good

Buccs (9/10 wins) - I really like what they've done this Offseason, assuming one of their QBs can become a serviceable starter they could be a really strong team this year with Martin back. Wouldn't be suprised to see them in the Playoffs.

Bad

Cowboys (6 wins) - for the reasons others have alluded, that D is awful and although they still have some weapons I think they go backwards this year. Romo will win them games this year but still get a lot of stick...

Ugly

Carolina (4/5 wins) - I just can't see how they're going to win many games with their roster...

Regarding the Steelers (due to others mentioning them), I find them really hard to place. I could absolutely see them getting a strong record and winning the North but, I can equally see them having an awful season. Their offence isn't that scary outside of Brown and although Big Ben is a great QB, there's a high chance of him missing a few games through injury. If he does, they'll struggle to win games and I think their D is still in a possible decline. They'll be interesting to watch, I think a few games into the season we should know if they'll be challenging or not but I'm really struggling to decide atm.
I love Leveon Bell, think he is going to break out big time and be the grinding back that they love in Pittsburgh!

I see Bengals dropping off slightly, Browns improving but not a threat and Ravens just sticking. I understand why people are high on the Steelers.
Old 24.06.2014, 12:05 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneddon11 View Post
Good

Bad

Ugly

One of the best records in the NFL over the last 8 weeks of the season in 2013 with a revamped, faster defence. Heath Miller being fit is huge. One of the most underrated TE's in the league and Bell should go crazy as a 3-down back. Left guard is now sorted with just 11 sacks over those 8 games. The Steelers are dangerous this year.
Old 24.06.2014, 12:14 PM
MVP

Good
Cleveland Browns.
Very good on D. Very good on O, tending towards exceptional if Gordon is not suspended. Seem to be doing better on the Johnny Football hype than others did on a Florida QB a couple of years ago.

Bad
Pittsburgh Steelers.
Some nice draft picks cant save their D from being worse than last year IMO. Not much for their very average QB to enthuse about. IMO finish last in the division.

Ugly
NFC East. Goes without saying, but as usual, I just have to point it out.
Old 24.06.2014, 12:14 PM
MVP

Surprises? Hmmm...

Good: Dunno. The good QBs are still good and the bad are still bad. I'd be surprised if there was a surprise in the NFC. I'll go Jags for the shiggles.

Bad: Bungles. Dalton.

Ugly: Cowboys. Their D looks even worse. Plus if Romo's back is goosed then it may be Weeden at QB. Which would be nice.
Old 24.06.2014, 12:42 PM
Team Captain

Good: Texans to finish 8-8 to signal the dawn of respectability!

Bad: Panthers to fall to 5 or 6 wins after a bad offseason.

Ugly: The Cowboys D!