The Good, The Bad And The Ugly 2014 - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 24.06.2014, 12:50 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30 20 10 TOUCHDOWN View Post
There is no way our defence can suck as much as they did last year. With TJ Ward, Talib, DeMarcus Ware, Von Miller and Chris Harris all suited up then fingers crossed our D will be getting teams off the field a lot more than we saw last year.
That could all well happen and you be totally right, I admit it's a punt, but the flipside might be that Miller is one infringement from a 1 yer suspension, Ward's off-the-field issues after signing potentially meaning a suspension, and Talib's creaky injury record continues. On paper the free agency signings really improved the defense, but there are certainly potential pitfalls.
Old 24.06.2014, 02:08 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanamagic View Post
One of the best records in the NFL over the last 8 weeks of the season in 2013 with a revamped, faster defence. Heath Miller being fit is huge. One of the most underrated TE's in the league and Bell should go crazy as a 3-down back. Left guard is now sorted with just 11 sacks over those 8 games. The Steelers are dangerous this year.
Miller only missed 2 games last year though? I agree about Bell but even so, they have so little outside of Brown at WR that has got to be a huge concern, Bell is good but IMO he can't be an AP, McCoy etc that an offence can run through. Miller I'd probably agree is underrated but he's getting on and doubt he can produce WR numbers which they may need to be good on offence (more of Ben' safety blanket - an important role). And IMO the D still has a lot of question marks. It could be solid but it could also be dreadful.

I think the Ravens, Bengals and Steelers could all find themselves around the same area and as such I refuse to rule out the Steelers but I'm still not sure what they've done to get the extra 3-4 wins I'm constantly reading them getting predicted. I think our division will be interesting to watch, it could be one of the best in the league but could also probably be one of the worst, a lot to be discovered between now and the first few games of the year (which also includes a lot of Divisional games)...
Old 24.06.2014, 02:17 PM
Starter

The Good -Jags, will have a good season and may surprise a few people.

The Bad - Texans, will struggle with Fitzpatrick calling the plays.

The Ugly - Panthers, big roster changes will have a big impact.
Old 24.06.2014, 02:33 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneddon11 View Post
Miller only missed 2 games last year though? I agree about Bell but even so, they have so little outside of Brown at WR that has got to be a huge concern, Bell is good but IMO he can't be an AP, McCoy etc that an offence can run through. Miller I'd probably agree is underrated but he's getting on and doubt he can produce WR numbers which they may need to be good on offence (more of Ben' safety blanket - an important role). And IMO the D still has a lot of question marks. It could be solid but it could also be dreadful.

I think the Ravens, Bengals and Steelers could all find themselves around the same area and as such I refuse to rule out the Steelers but I'm still not sure what they've done to get the extra 3-4 wins I'm constantly reading them getting predicted. I think our division will be interesting to watch, it could be one of the best in the league but could also probably be one of the worst, a lot to be discovered between now and the first few games of the year (which also includes a lot of Divisional games)...
But never fit all year. When he is he is a massive TD man in the redzone.
Old 24.06.2014, 02:49 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanamagic View Post
But never fit all year. When he is he is a massive TD man in the redzone.
IMO he is the best blocking Tight End in the NFL. His ability to seal the end of the line when the RB is asked to run around that side of the line is a joy to watch.
Old 24.06.2014, 03:24 PM
Hall of Fame

Good - Atlanta
Bad - KC
Ugly - Dallas
Old 24.06.2014, 04:56 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post
Good
Cleveland Browns.
Very good on D. Very good on O, tending towards exceptional if Gordon is not suspended. Seem to be doing better on the Johnny Football hype than others did on a Florida QB a couple of years ago.

Bad
Pittsburgh Steelers.
Some nice draft picks cant save their D from being worse than last year IMO. Not much for their very average QB to enthuse about. IMO finish last in the division.

Ugly
NFC East. Goes without saying, but as usual, I just have to point it out.
Agree with most of this...especially the Browns pick.

History tells us if Johnny F....is in anyway the same league as RGIII, Luck or Wilson - the team will see an immediate bounce in their step, their attitude, their play and of course, their final record. The exciting rookie QB bump has been a real thing in this new unconventional NFL. Skins went from 5-11 to 10-6; Colts went from 2-14 to 11-5, Hawks went from 7-9 to 11-5. If Manziel isn't a bust, I can see the Browns winning 10 games this year.

And as you say, there's nothing remotely different to suggest the Steelers are going to be any different...people picking the Steelers for a rebound must be assuming they just had an off year vs. - they are in a real decline in personnel/players.
Old 24.06.2014, 05:23 PM
Hall of Fame

I never assume.
Old 25.06.2014, 07:38 AM
MVP

I know this is a football thread but I think we'd be remiss given the title without saying:

RIP Eli Wallach

Right, back to the football
Old 25.06.2014, 07:56 AM
Hall of Fame