The 2014 NFL betting thread - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 13.07.2014, 10:22 AM
All Pro

Default The 2014 NFL betting thread

If a mod does not want to have this thread as well as the 2013 one could they maybe change the title (year) of the old one so posters don't feel they are on an out-dated thread, it would be nice to start fresh if we could, many thanks.

To kick this thread off I will start with some division bets, I will place a couple of accas involving the Patriots, Broncos, Saints, Colts, Giants and Packers. I will do singles on the Packers @ 8/11, Giants @ 11/4 and Saints @ 11/8 and use the other three teams to bump the odds up a bit.

This season I will take my Nfl betting more serious and record every single bet I place and will bet on a 1 - 5 points system, anyway happy punting people and more later, lets share the information amongst each other and hopefully have a winning season, cant wait to get the ball rolling.
Old 13.07.2014, 10:36 AM
Hall of Fame

A new thread for this year is a good idea.

I'm going to sit down next week and have a look myself. Broke even last season all-told.

Going to go the accumulator route this year on division winners, 5, 6, 7 and 8 fold within a couple of tidy bets with multiples.
Old 13.07.2014, 01:07 PM
Hall of Fame

Steelers to win it all.
Old 13.07.2014, 01:43 PM
All Pro

What does everyone use for these accumulators for division winners, etc william hill won't let me do multiples for some reason.
Old 13.07.2014, 02:07 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu.t View Post
What does everyone use for these accumulators for division winners, etc william hill won't let me do multiples for some reason.
I have just had a look on Paddypower and you can do divisional multiple bets with them and some of their prices are actually better than William Hill the site I normally use, I have an account with P/P as well, so i'll be putting a few multiples on with them in the next few days.

The Giants are my sleeper this season @ 11/4 to win the East, I cant imagine they will have as bad a season as last time.

The AFC West is interesting with the Seahawks @ 11/10 and the 49er's @ 11/8, will the Hawks suffer a superbowl hangover and will the 49er's continue their progression in a new home, all makes for a very exciting season once again.
Old 13.07.2014, 02:09 PM
Hall of Fame

For those with multiple betting accounts, oddschecker.com is a must for comparing odds and finding best prices and looking at the many different markets.
Old 13.07.2014, 02:45 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavlovsDog View Post
For those with multiple betting accounts, oddschecker.com is a must for comparing odds and finding best prices and looking at the many different markets.
^^^^ 1000 times this. It made me cringe on last years thread that so often someone would say "I just backed Someteam for X/1" when I knew that you could back Someteam for X+5/1 on a different site. You are just throwing money away by backing at odds when better odds are available.
Old 13.07.2014, 03:32 PM
MVP

Bet Victor allow multiple bets on division winners too. Still a bit too early for me to start looking at NFL betting yet.

I shall be back though!
Old 13.07.2014, 07:08 PM
Pro Bowler

I have placed three bets so far.

They have gone on Indianapolis (as I always do each year), Denver and Detroit to win the Super Bowl. Will look to bet a few more before September.

I'll start looking at the divisional betting next week now that the World Cup is over.

If any of you are looking to follow Pavlov's advice and open up extra betting accounts, I have a load of bookmaker offers on my new American football betting website - www.footballpointspread.tips/free-bets.html

If any of you aren't signed up with Bet365, I have written a page explaining why I believe them to be the best website for American football, as well.

http://www.footballpointspread.tips/...-ncaa-cfl.html
Old 13.07.2014, 09:57 PM
Pro Bowler

Great thread.

Last year I wagered each week but this season I took a different approach, I placed two larger bets on the Saints and Colts to win the SB at high prices of 23 and 28 respectively.

I placed the bets on betfair because I like the concept of betting on long term sporting events where you have the chance to lay the bet at shorter odds further into the season.

I might lay the Saints at the same price in a couple of days if JG does not sign : (

Out of interest has anybody tried sites like Draft Kings? I tinkered last season... wow that's a lot of fun but annoyingly they don't allow cashing out from those outside the US when you win significantly.

Good luck to all...

CP