New Dynasty League - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > NFL Fantasy Games

Old 29.08.2014, 08:46 PM
MVP

Default New Dynasty League

For a while now I've been wanting to dip my toe in the waters of IDP's and Dynasty leagues as I like the added element of long term thinking and realism that it brings. As the season is so close at hand I thought I would maybe just leave it till next year but then I thought 'What the heck!' and so have decided to set up a new 10 team dynasty league on nfl.com.

Would anyone be interested in taking part?

Maybe you're like me and are an IDP and Dynasty virgin(lol) and want to see what the fuss is all about or maybe you're a more experienced player who is just looking for another league to join. Either way, you are welcome. The only thing I ask of anyone who puts their name forward is that they will pick their team every week and not lose interest if their team begins to struggle. Longevity is vital to the success of Dynasty leagues.

I'll outline how the league will look in Year 1 but all rules can be up for debate at the end of the season and changed for Year 2 if the majority of players want a rule changed. The rules I've set up appear reasonable to me but, as I say, I am new to IDP's and Dynasty so it may transpire that some rules don't work out as planned and people may want them amended for Year 2.

-The league will consist of 10 teams split into two divisions of 5.
-Six teams will make the play-offs with the play-offs being in weeks 14,15 and 16
- The draft will be a snake draft in Year 1 but will become linear from next year onwards
- Once a team claims a player off waivers they move to the end of the queue. There is no weekly reset. I think this will encourage shrewdness in waiver claims.

Starting line-ups will look like this............

QB
RB
RB
RB
WR
WR
WR
TE
K
DL
DL
LB
LB
DB
DB

There will be 20 bench slots giving a total roster size of 35 and there will be two IR slots allocated to each team.

I have decided to include roster limits for Year 1(to try and keep waivers lively and prevent the stockpiling of players at any one position), the roster limits will be:

QB - 3
RB - 6
WR - 6
TE - 3
K - 3
DL - 6
LB - 6
DB - 6

Scoring system

The league will use standard scoring for offensive players.

The scoring system for defensive players is loosely based around the PFF defensive scoring system:

Tackle - 1pt
Assisted Tackle - 0.5pts
Sack - 3pts
Tackle for loss bonus - 2pts
Forced fumble - 4pts
Fumble recovery - 2pts
Interception - 6pts
Pass defensed - 1pt
Touchdowns - 6pts
Blocked kick - 4pts
Safety - 2pts

I would hope, ideally, that we could have next year's draft not long after the real NFL draft(as it will mostly be rookies being drafted and things will be fresh in everyone's mind) but I am not yet sure if this will be possible on nfl.com? If not then the draft would take place on August 1 next year(date can be amended to suit but sometime around that date would be the ideal).

This year's draft will be held next Thursday evening at 8.30pm(time can be brought forward or pushed back an hour if necessary).

I think that has just about covered everything. If anyone has any other questions then feel free to ask. And if you would like to hop on board this new league then it would be great to have you. Hopefully we can have some fun learning the ropes of Dynasty league FF together!
Old 02.09.2014, 10:35 AM
Starter

I would be really up for this. Have you got anyone else? Can you pm me? Thanks
Old 02.09.2014, 10:51 AM
Hall of Fame

I've been looking to do a dynasty, but I could only do the draft if it is at 9.30.
Old 02.09.2014, 11:31 AM
Rookie

If this is happening I would like to join. Never tried a dynasty league but like the idea, just remembered far to close to the start of the season (again!)

I'm new on here but I've done a standard league on nfl.com for the past 2 seasons now and get obsessed with it so I'm reliable not to drop out.

Last edited by Barry84; 02.09.2014 at 11:36 AM.
Old 02.09.2014, 11:57 AM
Pro

I'll join, I've always wanted to do a dynasty league
Old 02.09.2014, 02:10 PM
MVP

Some replies, excellent!

I was just about to give up on this idea too.

For all the guys who have expressed an interest so far, here is the league ID and password:

League ID: 2687223
Password: dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantMackem View Post
I've been looking to do a dynasty, but I could only do the draft if it is at 9.30.
That's absolutely fine by me. We can move the draft back to 9.30 if it means you can attend.

Still looking for players for this new league if anyone else is interested.
Old 02.09.2014, 02:32 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantMackem View Post
We have a slight problem here. I have just tried to adjust the start time for the draft and the latest time on Thursday night that a draft can start is 9pm.

I'm not sure if nfl.com are locking down fantasy drafts with the season opener being only a few hours away?

Anywayz, 9pm is the best I can do for the start time unfortunately.
Old 02.09.2014, 03:04 PM
Rookie

Cheers, I've joined.
Old 02.09.2014, 03:09 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry84 View Post
Cheers, I've joined.
Good to have you on board.
Old 02.09.2014, 06:16 PM
Rookie

just signed up, really looking forward to this, hopefully we will have enough players for the draft!