W6..3 GOOD..3 bad - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Chicago Bears

Old 13.10.2014, 11:58 AM
Team Captain

Default W6..3 GOOD..3 bad

Wow, what a great evening yesterday was!! A great team win in all three phases through all four quarters. If last week we saw a collective team defeat and this week we saw a team win...we need to stop this Jeykall and Hyde stuff but our season limps on for another week

So W6 ...3 GOOD 3 BAD.

Mel Tucker: His best defensive game plan by far, and without his ‘starting LB Corp’. He brought blitzes, different looks and reads and you could just tell by the end of the game Matt Ryan just didn’t know where the hit was coming from next. As you all know I have been a supporter of our Bears defence this year and I was so impressed at the way they brought it and went into a different gear. KEEP IT UP.

Jay Cutler: This was a man who was not going to be stopped. Reports coming out of Chicago during the week was Jay was holding offence only player meetings and the message being we are better than this, well Jay you took it upon yourself to make sure this unit delivered. You protected the ball and you even threw it away when you had to....YES LADIES AND GENTLEMEN JAY CUTLER THREW A FOOTBALL AWAY! Please follow this up against the tuna Jay.

Reggie Hearing- Reggie deserves big kudos for the training he has delivered this week to the three LB’S on Sunday none more so then the fact Darryl Sharpton only joined us on Wednesday yet there he was making play’s in the middle of the field like he had been a pro bowler.

3 Bad

Joe D and the special Teams: First things first, our special teams did deliver in the sense of

Containing Hester...Joe D had a plan, hang the punt get speedsters like Williams around the edge and straight into Hester’s face...that worked

Pat O’D- Great punting for a rookie, hung the ball well and allowed coverage to get up the field

HOWEVER ANY UNIT THAT consistently makes the easy things hard is going to cost you points/games and then eventually your job. Whenever there is a flag on special teams you know it’s for holding against the bears and then you miss a PAT...when this shtick starts affecting our most consistent player in the money Gould I’m sorry you got to go.

Lemarr Houston: THIS IS ONE FAT CAT WHO IS WELL AND TRULY ENJOYING THERE CREAM( the massive contract) Did he play yesterday? After telling us fans to eat dirt last week I expected a motivated Houston.....

The only thing Allen did in Oakland is make this brick look good.

Martellus Bennett: You just can’t drop two easy balls on third down that said he recovered well...but I needed a third for my 3 bad LOL
Old 13.10.2014, 01:27 PM
Starter

I was wondering where the 3 bad were going to come from - I actually did hear Houston's name last night for once !! (agree with special teams though - awful all year)

This 'roller coaster' of a season continues ( we should be 5 and 1) but if 'we lose at home to the Dolphins, then this victory will stand for nowt'

We have to put a run together now and it would appear that on offence at least, we are getting healthy

What a difference having J Rat back in the line made ? As I said elsewhere Fuller is going to be a megastar

They all deserve a pat on the back

Cutler looked pumped
Old 13.10.2014, 02:01 PM
Team Captain

I totally agree Prof, Next week is a Must win for our season, I said last week we had to win the next two and that's not changed

If we can limp into the bye week 4-4 or 5-4 and then we have a really good chance to push on after the Bye week.

If the above happens we have to go and beat Green Bay at Green Bay though that's the price you pay losing at home to teams you shouldnt lose to.
Old 16.10.2014, 10:14 PM
Rookie

Default Agree it was a great win!

First time this season I have actually felt a little comfortable watching the bears and not yelling at my screen due to stupid mistakes. However word of caution, got to follow this up with a win at home...very important!

Not a tucker fan here, I think we were forced into being aggressive due to the injury problems and we had to be unpredictable to cover for the losses. Fair do's that the plan tucker had did work and cause uncertainty in the falcons O line, I just hope we don't dial it back against the fins and go conservative again.

I have maintained our special teams are not so special... it looks like we have pulled a fan before the game to run back kick offs, don't even look like getting past the 20 yard line!
Old 17.10.2014, 08:46 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by bracewellno View Post
First time this season I have actually felt a little comfortable watching the bears and not yelling at my screen due to stupid mistakes. However word of caution, got to follow this up with a win at home...very important!

Not a tucker fan here, I think we were forced into being aggressive due to the injury problems and we had to be unpredictable to cover for the losses. Fair do's that the plan tucker had did work and cause uncertainty in the falcons O line, I just hope we don't dial it back against the fins and go conservative again.

I have maintained our special teams are not so special... it looks like we have pulled a fan before the game to run back kick offs, don't even look like getting past the 20 yard line!
I completely agree, we have to follow this up with a W at home! No more excuses. If we can head into New England 4-3 I fancy us to head into the bye week 5-4...and then with the home game schedule how good on paper will that look.

Let's worry about that nearer the time however we have to beat the tuna.

I agree again on special teams however you could have Hester in his prime back there, our blocking is terrible! we couldn’t block paper bags on the field...couple that with any type of good gain is always flagged back it's no wonder we don’t start every game on the 1.
Old 19.10.2014, 09:27 PM
Rookie

Default Holy Crap!

I forgot about our hot n cold QB with no charisma or leadership skills! Honestly how do some of these coaches get away with this lack of planning. I am sick of our conservative play, don't get me started on that screen pass for -10 yards... absolutely idiotic (by the way, how could Cutler not see he was covered)

Another conservative decision was not calling a timeout (we had 3) in the first half after we stuff the QB. We allow the time to be ran off and then the fins take a delay of game penalty!! They could have had a free heave into the end zone or we could have spilled the punt...What about getting us a FG before half time??

I have said it before but I'll say it again, we have a great back in Forte but we are so obvious with our game plan (look for Marshall/Jeffrey glance at Bennett, get worried about INT drop it off to Forte, who is then crunched for 4 yards) it almost nullifies his opportunity to break a long run.

You cant forgive not having your team ready to play and build on the previous week, gotta turn up at home!
Old 19.10.2014, 09:36 PM
Starter

It was even worse watching it live !!! Got to be the worst performance of the season and I travelled thousands of miles to witness it !
Old 19.10.2014, 09:44 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor1228 View Post
It was even worse watching it live !!! Got to be the worst performance of the season and I travelled thousands of miles to witness it !
Sending genuine sympathy your way.
Old 20.10.2014, 12:08 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Sorry to hear it mate. You must have been livid. Fans had good right to boo, it was awful....
Old 22.10.2014, 10:18 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
I'm hurting as much as you..Although my wallet isn’t however and I'm not usually one for this...didn’t you laugh at me when I said the Dolphins would beat us back before the season had even started ....