season is done - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Chicago Bears

Old 26.10.2014, 06:35 PM
All Pro

Default season is done

This game is already long dead and done.

unless you believe the team will only lose one more game and even then need some luck, the season is over before November.

I will get banned if I say what think of the current humiliation.
Old 26.10.2014, 06:36 PM
Starter

Forte / Long are the only players coming out of this with any credit - SHAMBLES on both sides of the ball
Old 26.10.2014, 08:31 PM
MVP

This team stinks right now, you can count the people who are able to perform or committed to perform at the required level on one hand it seems.

The tackling in that first half was atrocious, Gronkowski was literally shrugging defenders off of him. Really gutting to be done even before our bye week.
Old 26.10.2014, 09:02 PM
Team Captain

Horrible.
What has happened to our offense???? Dump to Forte for a difficult 4 yards.
THROW IT UP FOR MARSHALL, BENNETT AND JEFFERY. Y'know, the thing that brought so much success last season and the conversation about top WR duo.

Our Defense, although terrible, has the excuse of injuries. Anyone reckon that will save Tucker?

Completely agree season is over. Bye week next week, kinda looking forward to it.
Old 26.10.2014, 09:14 PM
All Pro

To be fair, it was over last week with Miami.
Old 26.10.2014, 09:22 PM
Pro

I blame myself. This was the first season that I dedicated myself to watching every bears game and it seems to have ruined the team..

Seriously though, I agree with what everyone has said, this season is over and could probably have been expected after the 4th week.

The eye opener for me was last weeks home game, the stadium had a LOT of empty seats. If they can't rally the locals then that is a pretty major nail in the coffin.
Old 26.10.2014, 09:23 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staley View Post
Our Defense, although terrible, has the excuse of injuries. Anyone reckon that will save Tucker?
I hope not. Even though some on here disagree, I would have sacked Mel Tucker on the basis of last year as it was that bad. 94 year bad.

'The 38 points given up in the first half is the most EVER, by a Chicago Bears defense.'
http://sportsmockery.com/2014/10/vid...ds-mel-tucker/

Right now issues with all the coaching on the Bears and this fundamental feeling that once we fired Lovie Smith we made several bad major decisions: Head Coach, Cutler Extension and believing we could contend with this group rather than recognise we were years away. Only time will tell for sure.

Last edited by Timber; 26.10.2014 at 10:02 PM.
Old 27.10.2014, 09:37 AM
Rookie

Default Oh Boy

Getting rid of Lovie was not a mistake he was a terrible Head Coach (although he would have had our D playing better), the management just have to start making better decisions. You would think just by the law of averages they would get one decision right! Fans are right to start demanding more from the organisation.

Trestman wasn't a bad choice of coach but he should have been hired as OC, he is not a good focal point, he does not impose tough standards and a commitment from the team (too soft). He would have been a good foil for a tougher, experienced HC. Now however he is damaged goods.

I see players giving up, looking like they are not caring, even their post game comments (apart from Brandon) sound like default, robotic clich├ęd responses that even while they are saying it, look like they don't believe it!!

As for tucker he is garbage and I've said this previously, has no plan B (I don't even know if he has plan A) our D looks like they are running about wondering where they should be...honestly have a look when opposition are about to snap, our players are running about confused about their position....it's terrible! How was he not fired last year (coach too soft?) lots more records to be broken this year....unfortunately for us, all bad!
Old 27.10.2014, 10:49 AM
Pro

My comments were along the lines of 'since we moved on from Lovie' rather than criticising that decision. When Lovie went I was sick of the inept offensive performances we had put out year after year and thought the team was in transition (Urlacher's last game played, other ageing players on Defense and Cutler entering the last year of his previous deal). I expected the Bears to enter some kind of transitional rebuilding period to bring in youth and changes in coaching.

Obviously seeing the what might have been (with Arians) rubs the salt in the wounds a bit. On top of that we have a QB that isn't performing anywhere near the money he's getting. Even at the time in this very forum I posted how I had mixed feelings with the Cutler deal. I was worried about his age and durability and wondered whether a cheaper, younger player might be better for where we were as a team.

I'm guessing there will be coaching changes in the offseason and hopefully Mel Tucker being fired is much more likely to happen. However this season could get worse and potentially quite toxic. Trestman himself will come under scrutiny and with him entering his third (out of four) year of his contract next season will be at risk himself (you can certainly see a path with the end result of him going after the 2015 or 2016 season).

Anyway like a lot of us Bears fans I'm just annoyed that this season is over so quickly and once again we are no where near post season.
Old 27.10.2014, 11:53 AM
All Pro

As a man manager I was always a Lovie man, but you can't win the trophy without an offense these days: the imbalance that the league likes is only going to get worse until we get Arena Ball scores.

There are some unfortunate realities about the current squad. The great D we had came to the end of its time; this isn't really the fault of the current coaches. The team Tresman took over had no Offense and a badly declining Defense.

I don't think anyone thought Cutler deserved the contract he got, but that is the going rate for a decent QB, you only need to look at the Jets to see how bad it can get without a QB.

You have never been able to play effective zone coverage without consistant pressure; add to that the passing nature of the league these days, I think the days of getting it done without quality man coverage are done.

Tucker got a free pass last year because of the situation, this year he's brought nothing new, nothing worth noting at least: Tucker's head is on the block

I think the problems on Offense are all down to how predictable we are frankly, there's no decline in talent (injuries along the way not withstanding). Every opponent has looked at our strengths and figured it out. A fast slot man could have worked nicely.

There are no more excuses for Cutler to mess up, but is he the biggest issue for the off season?

IT'S NOT EVEN NOVEMBER YET! !!