2016 season, anyone watching a game in the US - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 17.04.2016, 11:20 AM
Team Captain

Default 2016 season, anyone watching a game in the US

With the 2016 NFL schedule released this week, I thought I'd start a thread to see if anyone is flying out to the States later in the year for a game?
Hopefully you will share which games you're going to see and post any information on how to get tickets or which tailgates to check out or any tips for those flying out to see a game for the first time.

I'll kick things off, as soon as the schedule released I quickly scanned the Patriots games to see when our Cleveland Browns road game was being played as I've always wanted to visit the PFoH in Canton but I just had to wait until they were scheduled to play out there. Luckily there are also a Pats home games before & after the Browns game which is brilliant.
This season is going to be my 5th & 6th time seeing my team play a home game and it's going to be an experience to see a road game in the US, I have probably thrown myself in at the deep end going to the home of the Dawg Pound!

So the 3 games I'll be watching are:

Patriots vs Bills - Gillette Stadium
Browns vs Patriots - FirstEnergy Stadium (already got tickets)
Patriots vs Bengals - Gillette Stadium

Thanks
Old 17.04.2016, 03:12 PM
Pro

I'm out in New York at the time of the Giants v Bengals so hopefully go to that. How legit are tickets already on stubhub likely to be?
Old 17.04.2016, 08:38 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWP84 View Post
I'm out in New York at the time of the Giants v Bengals so hopefully go to that. How legit are tickets already on stubhub likely to be?
Check here nearer the time

http://www.ticketexchangebyticketmas...G_TE_PAGE_LINK

I'm off to Cards vs Bucs in the 2nd week. Resale tickets for the Pats game are going for £150 the week before so no thanks.
Old 18.04.2016, 08:44 AM
Pro

I always go for the tickets which can be emailed to me straight away, that way I have them in hand and don't have to worry about picking them up on the other side.

Unfortunately I won't be off to the states this season. But I'm getting married next year and will be off to the states for our honeymoon so will get in a couple of games then.

This is always my favourite thread of the season, I love reading about other peoples plans and experiences over there. Keep them coming!
Old 18.04.2016, 11:29 AM
All Pro

October was the only time we were able to do a game, so was waiting on the schedule to see what would be decided for us! Was really hoping we'd be playing the Titans in October. Nashville is my favourite city I've been to in the States, so would love to combine another visit with my football team. And we only play there every 8 years!! It wasn't to be though...

So instead we're flying out to Toronto, spending some time there then heading on to Minneapolis for MNF against the Giants. Really excited to see the new stadium in its first season after my last home game being at the old stadium in its last season. Also, never been to a Vikings prime time game, so that's pretty exciting too!

I'll be getting my tickets off either NFL Ticket Exchange or Stub Hub in a few months time. Have used both these sites before for NFL/NHL/NBA games and never had any issues with either. As someone said previously, just make sure you select tickets that are electronically delivered.
Old 19.04.2016, 01:41 AM
All Pro

out to philly for my usual trip on November the 13th to watch eagles vs falcons.
Old 19.04.2016, 09:49 AM
Rookie

Planning to do Giants / Bengals as a Bengals fan. It's a MNF match, so should be interesting to watch one under the floodlights.

Took nearly 30 years to see Bengals live and now I get to see them twice in 2 weeks!

When do the tickets get added to the Ticket Exchange site? I presume it's better to get them sooner rather than later?
Old 19.04.2016, 11:03 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by studavis View Post
Planning to do Giants / Bengals as a Bengals fan. It's a MNF match, so should be interesting to watch one under the floodlights.

Took nearly 30 years to see Bengals live and now I get to see them twice in 2 weeks!

When do the tickets get added to the Ticket Exchange site? I presume it's better to get them sooner rather than later?
Hoping to go to the game myself, not sure when the tickets go on ticket exchange, but having contacted the Giants, individual tickets wont go on sale from them directly until late June/early July.
They're loads on stubhub already, I take it from touts flogging season ticket tickets.
Old 19.04.2016, 06:11 PM
Starter

If anyone is going to MetLife this year, don't get tickets up in the Gods, you get sunburnt to hell, and the view is a bit too high

Old 21.04.2016, 09:23 AM
Team Captain

I hope to be attending the Green Bay Game and Redskins game just before christmas.

I planned on taking the whole which family should we go to Christmas debate off the agenda this year by spending Christmas in Chicago...the schedule has been so kind!