Draft 2017 - Page 11 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 26.04.2017, 10:09 AM
Pro Bowler

Also, I think whoever gets Tim Williams in 2nd or 3rd round will be getting a steal. Apparently a lot of GM's don't fancy him, had a disappointing combine and some off failed concerns, but I was watching a lot of Bama games last night to look on Foster and Humphrey specifically, but Williams kept catching my eye with as many big plays as anyone, despite not being on the field on every play. As a pure pass rusher, I think he's been criminally overlooked now, he's absolutely ferocious.
Old 26.04.2017, 10:11 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Reading around, seeing talk of McCaffrey possibly not lasting to no.8 (Jeremiah) and Haasan Reddick being linked to the Jets at 6.

That would be an Aaron Donald-esqe rise for Reddick. Where does McCaffrey land between 2-7? Barring a trade up, 49ers? Jacksonville? Titans? Jets?...........
Reddick? Haven't heard that one before. Fast riser in recent weeks, but I wouldn't touch him at #6. Tennessee apparently have received a lot of interest in their pick at #5, could be a repeat of last year with them doing a deal with Cleveland?
Old 26.04.2017, 10:35 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latic View Post
This is my ignorance, but can defenses not just change from 3/4 to 4/3 from play to play, depending on their personnel and situation? Or does the recruitment each draft and free agency follow a rigid appliance to one of the schemes only?
No, you are right, personnel can change from play to play. The league spends most of its time in nickel packages too (70% of the time maybe?). The Redskins for instance are a 3/4 D, but they do play alot of 4 man fronts, sometimes with Kerrigan and Smith stood up on the outside, so only 2 down linemen really. Sometimes it's an over/under 3 man front if one of the outside guys puts their hand down.

My point was more that Barnett needs to rush the passer with his hand on the ground. Don't see someone who would be great in space/coverage either which is something you can ask 3/4 OLB's from time to time. That said. he had a good 3 cone drill? Which would suggest I'm wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latic View Post
Also, I think whoever gets Tim Williams in 2nd or 3rd round will be getting a steal. Apparently a lot of GM's don't fancy him, had a disappointing combine and some off failed concerns, but I was watching a lot of Bama games last night to look on Foster and Humphrey specifically, but Williams kept catching my eye with as many big plays as anyone, despite not being on the field on every play. As a pure pass rusher, I think he's been criminally overlooked now, he's absolutely ferocious.
You could end up with Randy Gregory 2.0 though. He might even be a better pass rusher, but what good is that if he's suspended 95% of the time? Talented no doubt, but buyer beware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Reddick? Haven't heard that one before. Fast riser in recent weeks, but I wouldn't touch him at #6. Tennessee apparently have received a lot of interest in their pick at #5, could be a repeat of last year with them doing a deal with Cleveland?
It was Josh Norris putting Reddick's rise and the Jets need together. Makes sense but it was match making rather than solid rumour. Norris was just wondering out loud. It makes sense to me as a 'surprise' pick too.

To me the Titans are better served using their picks than trading back. They don't have too many holes, go quality over quantity.

Last edited by RichardCunliffe; 26.04.2017 at 10:39 AM.
Old 26.04.2017, 10:37 AM
Team Captain

Daniel Jeremiah of NFL.com now has Jamal Adams going at 2 to the Niners.

He has Conley going to the Raiders at 24, wonder if he did this mock draft before the accusations?
Old 26.04.2017, 10:43 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrott1971 View Post

He has Conley going to the Raiders at 24, wonder if he did this mock draft before the accusations?
Think so.

Bucky Brooks is high on Adams too. Think people see him as a very safe, high floor, type player. He's a leader and brings a great attitude. The 9ers are trying to lay a foundation, so having a great character/leader is a great place to start.

Low risk is always nice for a new GM/HC too. Don't want your first pick to be a bust, especially at 2.
Old 26.04.2017, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrott1971 View Post

I just don't see how anyone can use a first rounder on Conley now, unless maybe he is conclusively cleared in the next 24 hours or so (which is highly unlikely imo).

I think FS is the bigger need for SF, but it wouldn't surprise me if they took Adams. In a Draft where more and more first round prospects are picking up red flags, Adams is about as safe a pick as it gets. Rangy, solid tackler, leadership skills, just the kind of player any team would want.

You could say #2 is too high for a Safety, but I don't really buy into that if you're getting a player who can really help your team.
Old 26.04.2017, 11:37 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
I just don't see how anyone can use a first rounder on Conley now, unless maybe he is conclusively cleared in the next 24 hours or so (which is highly unlikely imo).

I think FS is the bigger need for SF, but it wouldn't surprise me if they took Adams. In a Draft where more and more first round prospects are picking up red flags, Adams is about as safe a pick as it gets. Rangy, solid tackler, leadership skills, just the kind of player any team would want.

You could say #2 is too high for a Safety, but I don't really buy into that if you're getting a player who can really help your team.
It's Collins Mk2. I can't see him being drafted at all.
Old 26.04.2017, 11:40 AM
All Pro

There is a lot of talk about Reddick to the Bills, not just linked to the Jeremiah mock. Makes almost too much sense
Old 26.04.2017, 12:10 PM
All Pro

I honestly think the 49er's are trying to drum up trade interest with QB talk, I'll be shocked if the take a QB with so many better prospects needed.
Old 26.04.2017, 12:52 PM
Super Moderator

The Bucs are apparently looking to trade down, possibly out of the first round...