Tailgate Ravens @ Jags - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Old 17.08.2017, 08:30 AM
Rookie

Default Tailgate Ravens @ Jags

Has there been any news on whats happening with the tailgate for the week 2 game? I've not seen anything.

Also any recommended pubs in the Kings Cross area that will show games on TV in the evening?

Thanks
Old 17.08.2017, 11:46 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigStats View Post
Has there been any news on whats happening with the tailgate for the week 2 game? I've not seen anything.

Also any recommended pubs in the Kings Cross area that will show games on TV in the evening?

Thanks
There will be a Tailgate for every game at both venues, it will be in a different part of the Wembley complex this year as the site used previously is a building site
Old 19.08.2017, 11:56 AM
All Pro

With regards Kings Cross, I would head more centrally and just get the tube back to Kings Cross.
Old 19.08.2017, 08:21 PM
MVP

Agree, the best you'll get near King's Cross are a few ropey pubs with Sky Sports and probably the sound turned off. I hate that road by the stations... it's a thousand times better than it was in the 90s and no longer dangerous but it's still got the feel of a port to it with all the goings on that that brings.
Old 19.08.2017, 10:38 PM
Rookie

I was able to purchase Tailgate tickets in months advance for the games but nothing has been posted this yr
Old 20.08.2017, 06:02 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post
Agree, the best you'll get near King's Cross are a few ropey pubs with Sky Sports and probably the sound turned off. I hate that road by the stations... it's a thousand times better than it was in the 90s and no longer dangerous but it's still got the feel of a port to it with all the goings on that that brings.
Pretty accurate.

I would go to one of the spots near Piccadilly Circus and then you can just jump on the Piccadilly line up to King's Cross.
Old 20.08.2017, 06:03 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuZion View Post
I was able to purchase Tailgate tickets in months advance for the games but nothing has been posted this yr
You've never needed tickets before....
Old 20.08.2017, 11:29 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloG View Post
You've never needed tickets before....
I am sure in the very early days of the London games you had to request tailgate tickets. Was free if you purchased match ticket.

They have also done things like priority access if you installed their phone app.

I agree recent years anyone could just turn up.
Old 20.08.2017, 04:25 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcy93 View Post
I am sure in the very early days of the London games you had to request tailgate tickets. Was free if you purchased match ticket.

They have also done things like priority access if you installed their phone app.

I agree recent years anyone could just turn up.
That's correct. I definitely got a free ticket for tailgate in 2008 for the first time I went to a game. And what an underwhelming experience that tailgate was. Wembley is very much an in-and-out experience for me now. Get there 1 hour before, go straight in, leave immediately afterwards. Eat before and after. Might get a drink there. Definitely buy merch elsewhere. Otherwise it's just a day spent queueing.
Old 05.09.2017, 10:01 AM
Pro

Got my tickets in this morning.

From the info pack I also received it looks like there's nothing on the Saturday from the Ravens@Jags game which is quite disappointing, I'd sorted out my travel & accommodation to make sure I'd be able to go to that too.

Tags
tailgate party 2017 , week 2