NFLUK 2019 7 round Mock Draft-Discussion thread - Page 82 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 02.04.2019, 02:36 PM
Team Captain

Pick made. PM sent.

Had to wait on trade offers and move my board around a bit! Got there in the end.

Steelers are now on the clock!
Old 02.04.2019, 03:22 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdimmock812 View Post
I really like Sample. Was between him and Moreau at 107. The more I look into this TE class, the more I like it.
If you'd taken Sample at 107 I don't think I would have traded up from 153 for a TE. As of right now I think Sample is the better player, but Moreau is the better athlete so you have more upside. Very little in it to be honest for me, and they both have value here in the 4th.

I think round 3 and 4 will produce some solid starters, and there is a bit of variety in there too. I had a group of TE's on my radar for Day 3, admittedly I wasn't expecting Dawson Knox to put up the numbers he did at his Pro Day.

This is my 6th year doing these mocks, and Sample is the FIRST TE I've drafted. Before this pick the only TE's i'd ever added were Josiah Price and Garrett Hudson, both 'Day 3' UDFA's!
Old 02.04.2019, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

Pick posted, PM sent.
Old 02.04.2019, 04:04 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollyrules View Post
I had debated going WR or CB there - but didn’t think he’d fall to my next pick so pulled the trigger. PFF are really high on him (more than I am I must say), and seemingly he has interviewed well at the combine too. I like his moxy, think he will be a good backup for a team like the Pats/Chargers/Saints in the real thing
Some schools scare me when it comes to drafting. Probably illogical nonsense, but West Virginia is one of them. (Missouri is another and I've gone and drafted Emanuel Hall )
Old 02.04.2019, 04:10 PM
Starter

Annoying, if I had stayed at 120 with the Vikings then I would have taken Cashman, I had hoped he would last a bit longer.

Too busy with work recently and the lack of research with regards to where players are expected to be getting drafted in the middle rounds is showing a bit. Or it's just unpredictable this year.

I like Sample too, a good all rounder.
Old 02.04.2019, 04:16 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtianuk II View Post
Annoying, if I had stayed at 120 with the Vikings then I would have taken Cashman, I had hoped he would last a bit longer.

Too busy with work recently and the lack of research with regards to where players are expected to be getting drafted in the middle rounds is showing a bit. Or it's just unpredictable this year.

I like Sample too, a good all rounder.
It's funny how little things can affect how the draft falls.

Shortly after i'd made the trade with you another team got back to me on an offer i'd made and said they'd accept it. If I knew that was going to get the green light i wouldn't have gone all the way up to 120, you'd have Cashman (or a different trade package), and i'd still be hoping Sample fell to my trade-target pick.
Old 02.04.2019, 05:13 PM
Starter

Pick posted, PM sent.

Delighted that the board fell for me to take one of my absolute favourite players in the draft, he'll probably slide further in the real thing as I know I'm high on him. Here's just one article featuring his work in the community in South Bend if you're interested in his character and the Wuerffel award I referenced in the post.

Bit of a run on backers but I wasn't just getting on the end of it in desperation, liked the Cashman pick specifically, but Tranquill was my guy all along here with the way my board is.
Old 02.04.2019, 05:16 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOggy View Post
Pick posted, PM sent.

Delighted that the board fell for me to take one of my absolute favourite players in the draft, he'll probably slide further in the real thing as I know I'm high on him. Here's just one article featuring his work in the community in South Bend if you're interested in his character and the Wuerffel award I referenced in the post.

Bit of a run on backers but I wasn't just getting on the end of it in desperation, liked the Cashman pick specifically, but Tranquill was my guy all along here with the way my board is.
Actually that article is more about his injury and his perseverance to return from that but it mentions the Fifth Quarter and he does a lot of other stuff that you'll find if you google him and the Wuerffel Trophy
Old 02.04.2019, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator

Liking the Tranquill pick. High motor thumper at ND, who should at least make an immediate impact on Special Teams in the NFL.
Old 02.04.2019, 05:32 PM
Pro Bowler

Just done a bit of a review of what I've done so far, and come up with an alternative draft using players that were still on the board at the time. I've assumed I'd still have completed the same trades.

Original

12. Jawaan Taylor, OT
38. Juan Thornhill, S
44. Mack Wilson, ILB
56. Andy Isabella, WR
107. Foster Moreau, TE
114. Porter Gustin, EDGE

Alternative

12. TJ Hockensen, TE
38. Jonathan Abram, S (although probably still prefer Thornhill)
44. Chase Winovich, EDGE
56. Deebo Samuel, WR (like Samuel & Isabella equally - different roles)
107. Blake Cashman, ILB
114. Player Not Yet Taken

It's not that I don't still like my original picks, but I do like the look of the alternatives.