NFLUK 2019 7 round Mock Draft-Discussion thread - Page 83 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 02.04.2019, 06:08 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOggy View Post
Pick posted, PM sent.

Delighted that the board fell for me to take one of my absolute favourite players in the draft, he'll probably slide further in the real thing as I know I'm high on him. Here's just one article featuring his work in the community in South Bend if you're interested in his character and the Wuerffel award I referenced in the post.

Bit of a run on backers but I wasn't just getting on the end of it in desperation, liked the Cashman pick specifically, but Tranquill was my guy all along here with the way my board is.
Tranquill's a bloody good player. Doesn't look like he's fast but that's because he's in the right place to not have to hurry.

Cashman on the other hand plays like a lunatic. But is so fast and aggressive that he makes it work. He's the only linebacker apart from the acknowledged big 3 I could see going in the first 2 rounds.
Old 02.04.2019, 06:47 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdimmock812 View Post
Just done a bit of a review of what I've done so far, and come up with an alternative draft using players that were still on the board at the time. I've assumed I'd still have completed the same trades.

Original

12. Jawaan Taylor, OT
38. Juan Thornhill, S
44. Mack Wilson, ILB
56. Andy Isabella, WR
107. Foster Moreau, TE
114. Porter Gustin, EDGE

Alternative

12. TJ Hockensen, TE
38. Jonathan Abram, S (although probably still prefer Thornhill)
44. Chase Winovich, EDGE
56. Deebo Samuel, WR (like Samuel & Isabella equally - different roles)
107. Blake Cashman, ILB
114. Player Not Yet Taken

It's not that I don't still like my original picks, but I do like the look of the alternatives.
Nice process to look at the alternatives. Always good to have a "plan B" - something I've had to use more than once in this draft!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOggy View Post
Pick posted, PM sent.

Delighted that the board fell for me to take one of my absolute favourite players in the draft, he'll probably slide further in the real thing as I know I'm high on him. Here's just one article featuring his work in the community in South Bend if you're interested in his character and the Wuerffel award I referenced in the post.

Bit of a run on backers but I wasn't just getting on the end of it in desperation, liked the Cashman pick specifically, but Tranquill was my guy all along here with the way my board is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djhdjh View Post
Tranquill's a bloody good player. Doesn't look like he's fast but that's because he's in the right place to not have to hurry.

Cashman on the other hand plays like a lunatic. But is so fast and aggressive that he makes it work. He's the only linebacker apart from the acknowledged big 3 I could see going in the first 2 rounds.
4 of the last 5 picks go linebacker. Just as the Ravens were always going to take Tranquill, I'm happy to have Cashman. He's good value in the fourth round and, as with all my picks, I made it with my Titans hat on knowing their coaches should help to improve his overall LB technique and get him playing the position a little smarter, something he really needs.
Old 02.04.2019, 09:13 PM
Super Moderator

Tsk, Seattle fans...
Old 02.04.2019, 09:36 PM
Team Captain

Hahaha apologies for the delay at the pub playing skittles, pick made and DM sent to LA

Really sold on Amadi , for what it's worth i think this is my sleeper of the draft, countless evaluations of the guy have him all over the place from the 4-7th even some think he goes undrafted, but from everything i've seen & researched, he's my guy !
Old 02.04.2019, 09:37 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddyF87 View Post
Hahaha apologies for the delay at the pub playing skittles, pick made and DM sent to LA

Really sold on Amadi , for what it's worth i think this is my sleeper of the draft, countless evaluations of the guy have him all over the place from the 4-7th even some think he goes undrafted, but from everything i've seen & researched, he's my guy !
Sorry, just saw your E-mail and was about to post it when I noticed you’d managed to.
Old 02.04.2019, 10:06 PM
Super Moderator

Rams’ pick posted, PM sent.
Old 02.04.2019, 10:10 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Rams’ pick posted, PM sent.
Great pick, such a tough guy, love this second tier of linebackers this year
Old 02.04.2019, 10:35 PM
Super Moderator

At the current rate of progress, we will be finishing on April 17th. Yes, I’m bored. I don’t have another pick until next week...
Old 03.04.2019, 12:12 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddyF87 View Post

I looked at him when I drafted Johnson yesterday, but he didn't make my top 5 of available safeties. Thedraftnetwork were the only site I found really rating him.
Old 03.04.2019, 05:36 AM
All Pro

Pick made, PM sent.