NBA Thread - Page 184 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 13.01.2010, 11:29 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfry View Post
Harden seems a pretty smart pick now a much better pick thean Rick Rubio would have been.

Boosh isn't staying. It must be a sure thing by now. he wants to be on a contender and the Raptors haven't proven them self to be that. I think Bynum sticking with the Lakers would make more sense. That would probably mean moving GasoL to C. He is a power forward that is where he does his best work. The Lakers don't need retooling they are doing fine.
I personally think they might regret passing on Tryeke Evans. He's playing great since K-Mart got injured and I didn't think he'd get good so soon.It's too early to say how good he will be but he is ROY so far imo.

Bosh defintely won't stay but that trade to LA is probably very unlikely. The onle thing that would concern me if I was a Lakers fan is how he would adjust from being the #1 option in Toronto to #3 in LA.
Old 14.01.2010, 07:38 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
This was pretty much what i was thinking. No chance of Lebron or Wade going to the Wizards but there are some nice players on the Market. Boosh might be reach of the imagination but Carlos Boozer might be around.
I personally think we should admit defeat and trade Caron for Rubios rights (A win win
trade for everyone) and trade Jameison for a young number two like Tyrus Thomas
and take the long road back.
I dont know what everyone else thinks about this year but for me nobody is standing
out and it should make for a exciting offseason.
Old 22.01.2010, 01:59 PM
MVP

The topic of a NBA contraction has come up recently, first Jerry West saying it should happen, then Charles Barkley agreeing.

Whats everyones opinion?
Old 22.01.2010, 06:25 PM
All Pro

Quote:
All they need is for the Knicks to get good and their problems are over.
I think that's one of the biggest gripes they have is that the largest market has had one of the worse teams in recent history. Madison Square Garden is supposed to be basketball mecca, but the home team has been garbage for about a decade or so. I agree with Charles and Jerry West to a degree...and just because a team has money doesn't guarantee a championship. I recall a Laker team with Kobe, Payton, and Malone that couldn't win a ring. Yeah, they were aging all-stars, but they were still all-stars. If you had to get rid of some teams, I'd start with probably Memphis. Yeah, they're slightly above .500 for now, but who cares. They have the worst attendance average to date. After they left Vancouver, they should've just folded. After that, I'd say probably Minnesota. Has anybody talked about them since KG left? Both those teams have some pretty young talent (surrounded by HORRIBLE players...by NBA standards.) that can really help teams like the Knicks or the Bulls with large markets and bad teams. All in all, the talent level around the league has dropped a bit in recent years. Mostly from some of these young kids, that aren't as talented as they think they are, leaving college early. Stay in school. LOL!
Old 22.01.2010, 06:33 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon_91 View Post
The topic of a NBA contraction has come up recently, first Jerry West saying it should happen, then Charles Barkley agreeing.

Whats everyones opinion?
Who do you ditch ? In some ways it makes sense to lose a few teams but tighter cap rules would work to make it a more even talent pool. No way the Lakers should be able to afford Gasol Kobe, Odom and the Andrew Bynum on the same roster while the Kings, Nets and the Bobcats have their cruddy rosters. Free agents like Odom shouldn't allowed to go on a stacked team. Tighter cap would mean he could be the star of some bad team rather than a 6th man on a contender. I am rambling a bit i know but the way the NBA has it works for them because the rich franchises + (well run can ones as well) can afford to compete and the rest of the franchises have to keep waiting for the lottery to turn their way. Screw a level playing field the money men must love the Lakers V Celtics V the Lebons while keeping the small money teams are stuck on the bottom. All they need is for the Knicks to get good and their problems are over.

Last edited by Goodfry; 22.01.2010 at 06:35 PM.
Old 22.01.2010, 06:46 PM
Pro

I'm going to have to disagree with "the logo" on this one. The Spurs have proved that despite being in the 37th largest market in the US they can still thrive as a Franchise. And as was mentioned the Knicks have proved that despite being in a large market they can still be awful. It all comes down the quality of your Front Office which is why teams like Portland are building an impressive young squad because they're making intelligent decisions.
Old 22.01.2010, 08:56 PM
Super Moderator

Looks like ESPN is free this weekend, and the Lakers-Knicks are live tonight.
Old 25.01.2010, 03:00 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Whats everyones opinion?
All the talk of contraction stems from the economic slump although
there is case for moving certain franchises,
The biggest issues for the smaller franchises is keeping the better players
happy when there contracts are expiring and a team from a bigger market
comes calling for example LeBron being courted by the two NY teams and
the probabliity that Durant will probably end up in the same situation in a few years.
Old 26.01.2010, 03:31 PM
MVP

Its not just the economic clump - which is a bit factor, but then again the salary cap is coming down not up next year.

Things like the nets this year, and knicks being beaten by 50 show a major talent diluation.
Old 27.01.2010, 11:17 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Its not just the economic clump - which is a bit factor, but then again the salary cap is coming down not up next year.

Things like the nets this year, and knicks being beaten by 50 show a major talent diluation.
The Nets and the Knicks are where they are because they shipping out
salary with a view to the 2010 FA summer of love, IE LeBron, Wade, Bosh etc etc,
I personally think they could fall flat on there faces if the big 2 decide to stay put.