NBA Thread - Page 502 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 28.01.2014, 10:18 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu.t View Post
If it's a jersey try the adidas website, they might have Tshirts for the larger teams as well.
Cheers for that - though as per usual it looks like a load of Kobe Bryant jerseys! Oh well.

In other news watched 2 of my teams go head to head (Kings @ Jazz) unfortunately the game was no classic as you'd expect from 2 teams rebuilding at the bottom of the western conference.

For the Jazz I'm pleased to see Gordon Hayward keep developing, he is one of my favourite players to watch. It's going to be interesting to see what Enes Kanter's ceiling is, he's slow and plodding even for a C, but I get the impression his game is slowly developing.

For the Kings, no DMC, no Rudy Gay and then Isaiah Thomas went off hurt so that was the best 3 players out and so no shock at the score.

Overall I think picking a team is going to be as hard as ever. The 5 lottery bound teams I like (Jazz, Kings, Bucks, Celtics, Sixers) are all rebuilding and so it's probably going to be difficult to settle on one at any point soon as I need to see how the players and rosters develop. For all 5, that's going to be a LONG haul! I need to stick with it though, when I started getting into the NBA one of my options was (and still is) the Trail Blazers but as soon as I started to watch them they traded everyone away and Oden and Roy were crocked. It's tough to pick a team when there's a churn of players, but hey ho, it's kinda fun and if it takes a long time so be it!

Finally, nice wins for the Wolves and Raptors last night. I think the Raptors are going to edge the Nets to the East (I did think at one point the Knicks would be the team to make the surge but it just doesn't look like that's going to happen. Shame ) .

For the Wolves they have a couple of nice wins now against decent teams, though the Pekovic injury could hurt them offensively (if not defensively!)
Old 29.01.2014, 06:55 PM
All Pro

Here's something you may not have factored into your decision. If you pick a west coast team (kings/maybe utah) prepare for some seriously late nights. 7/8 o'clock on the west coast when games tend to tip off is like 3am in the UK.

7am finishes are not unheard of.

Last edited by stu.t; 29.01.2014 at 07:08 PM.
Old 29.01.2014, 07:02 PM
Banned

Not much of a fan but might as well throw in my annual Go Grizzlies!!! post.
Old 29.01.2014, 08:06 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu.t View Post
Here's something you may not have factored into your decision. If you pick a west coast team (kings/maybe utah) prepare for some seriously late nights. 7/8 o'clock on the west coast when games tend to tip off is like 3am in the UK.

7am finishes are not unheard of.
Cheers dude - but I have leaguepass and watch the games the following day as I could never contemplate such late finishes, in work for 8am, so the west coast lag makes little difference most of the time
Old 30.01.2014, 08:47 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteButt View Post
Anyone know where to get good legit NBA gear? The NBA.eu store is awful
Despite the name, footballfanatics is great
Old 31.01.2014, 03:40 PM
All Pro

Caught up on heat/thunder, good game. OKC are looking like champions as of late.

KD is definitely going to be MVP as well he's in some impressive streak.
Old 01.02.2014, 01:25 AM
All Pro

Hawks up 7 vs. the 76ers through the middle of the 2nd quarter.

Milwaukee down by 21 points at the half vs. Orlando, boy do they suck.
Old 04.02.2014, 09:43 PM
Pro Bowler

Bit of advice guys, do u get every playoff game with NBA League Pass?
With baseball season approaching not sure wether to go ahead with BT Sport or go with MLB.TV like last season and the remaining NBA league pass option.
Old 05.02.2014, 06:07 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
Bit of advice guys, do u get every playoff game with NBA League Pass?
With baseball season approaching not sure wether to go ahead with BT Sport or go with MLB.TV like last season and the remaining NBA league pass option.
Every playoff game is covered (and no blackouts) with the League Pass Premium or League Pass options.

The Team Pass option just covers the regular season only...but there may well be an option become available to sign up for the playoffs when they start.
Old 05.02.2014, 09:15 AM
All Pro

Lakers season has been over for a while but doesn't seem like we can catch a break at all. Nash & Blake finally come back and then down goes Meeks within the first minutes of the game!

Last edited by Crusader; 05.02.2014 at 09:23 AM.