Tell me something I don't know... - Page 187 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

  #1861  
Old 27.09.2016, 09:31 PM
boknows34's Avatar
boknows34 boknows34 is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 03.03.2006
Posts: 15,471
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
Beckham the quickest receiver to 200 catches by doing it in 30 games.
And to 3,000 receiving yards.
Reply With Quote
  #1862  
Old 30.09.2016, 01:07 PM
lee harris 10's Avatar
lee harris 10 lee harris 10 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 05.09.2010
Posts: 10,236
Default

15 years ago today Tom Brady made his 1st NFL start.
Reply With Quote
  #1863  
Old 01.10.2016, 10:16 AM
European Bob's Avatar
European Bob European Bob is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 11.01.2012
Posts: 8,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
It had been 305 games since the Steelers trailed by 30 pts in a game.oh well all good streaks have to end somewhere.
Yeah, like that 18-0 Patriots one
Reply With Quote
  #1864  
Old 01.10.2016, 01:29 PM
lee harris 10's Avatar
lee harris 10 lee harris 10 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 05.09.2010
Posts: 10,236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post
Yeah, like that 18-0 Patriots one
When they mentioned that stat last week was just impressed a team had gone over 19 seasons without a bad type game.

Last edited by lee harris 10; 01.10.2016 at 03:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #1865  
Old 01.10.2016, 05:17 PM
European Bob's Avatar
European Bob European Bob is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 11.01.2012
Posts: 8,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
When they mentioned that stat last week was just impressed a team had gone over 19 seasons without a bad type game.
I was surprised to be honest. I guess with our defences historically we've not given up that many points over the years but we've had a few tonkings off the Pats in particular in the last decade or so and I was surprised none of those had got one-sided to that degree
Reply With Quote
  #1866  
Old 01.10.2016, 05:50 PM
kw13's Avatar
kw13 kw13 is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 13.01.2011
Posts: 8,929
Default

So far Jameis Winston has had one 3 game stretch (games 5-7 last year) with a passer rating higher than Carson Wentz's first 3 games (110.5 vs 103.8)
Reply With Quote
  #1867  
Old 06.10.2016, 08:32 PM
lee harris 10's Avatar
lee harris 10 lee harris 10 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 05.09.2010
Posts: 10,236
Default

Eli Manning is 2 TD passes away from becoming the 8th QB to pass the 300 mark and would join John Elway who is currently 7th on the list but is also 1 more interception from moving into the top 25 all-time on that list.His 203 picks is 1 less than Steve Deberg,Drew Brees is the only active QB ahead of Eli on the list with 208.

Eli's next win would also be the 100th time his team has won a regular season game when he has started.
Reply With Quote
  #1868  
Old 06.10.2016, 09:40 PM
goodkarma84's Avatar
goodkarma84 goodkarma84 is offline
GOAT
 
Join Date: 15.09.2008
Posts: 27,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
Eli Manning is 2 TD passes away from becoming the 8th QB to pass the 300 mark and would join John Elway who is currently 7th on the list but is also 1 more interception from moving into the top 25 all-time on that list.His 203 picks is 1 less than Steve Deberg,Drew Brees is the only active QB ahead of Eli on the list with 208.

Eli's next win would also be the 100th time his team has won a regular season game when he has started.

luckily only one of those (from the first part) as any real meaning
cos interceptions is one of the most pointless stats about, proven by the names on that list.

i dont feel good about his chances on Sunday night though, not just playing a better team but we are on the short week and they are coming off a bye.
Reply With Quote
  #1869  
Old 07.10.2016, 06:35 AM
boknows34's Avatar
boknows34 boknows34 is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 03.03.2006
Posts: 15,471
Default

Career interceptions is one of those weird stats where you have to be a successful QB to make the Top 10, as mediocre passers and draft busts will end up being benched and don't play long enough to accumulate such numbers.

Last edited by boknows34; 07.10.2016 at 06:40 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #1870  
Old 07.10.2016, 12:36 PM
lee harris 10's Avatar
lee harris 10 lee harris 10 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 05.09.2010
Posts: 10,236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
Career interceptions is one of those weird stats where you have to be a successful QB to make the Top 10, as mediocre passers and draft busts will end up being benched and don't play long enough to accumulate such numbers.
Of the current top 25 12 are in the HOF and Peyton and Brees will make it 14 sometime.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 06:49 AM.