The Cricket Thread - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 25.05.2011, 08:17 AM
Pro Bowler

Default The Cricket Thread

All is right in the world once more as test cricket returns to our green and pleasant land from tomorrow!

I'm going for a 2-0 win against Sri Lanka and 2-1 against India.

Thoughts? Opinions? Anyone lucky enough to watching some over the summer?
Old 25.05.2011, 08:23 AM
GOAT

There's going to be a little mini-series that Sky are showing throughout the Sri Lanka test series, and it's all about local league clubs.

The name of the show will be Clublife, and it's first two are set in Burnley! You'll see them following Lowerhouse (my local team), and Burnley. There's a big rivalry between Burnley and Lowerhouse - I went to school with a couple of the Lowerhouse boys and several have played football in the league I help run (Charlie Cottam, Joe Beneduce, Chris Bleazard, Johnny Russell) as it happens too.
Old 25.05.2011, 10:39 AM
All Pro

I think we will beat Sri Lanka but draw the Indian series.
Old 26.05.2011, 02:21 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

I'm much more excited by the possibility of Lancashire winning the county championship.

I sat on my grandfather's knee when I was barely older than 24 as he told me misty-eyed tales of the last time Lancashire were county champions, back when everyone had a minimum of three initials, amateurs and professionals took tea separately and Cyril Washbrook was but a boy.

I long ago gave up any hope of seeing it happen in my lifetime.
Old 26.05.2011, 03:50 PM
GOAT

We've crushed Hampshire - really beginning to get excited now. Most of the pre-season experts had Lancy down as possible relegation candidates, especially if/when the injuries start.

Ha!
Old 26.05.2011, 05:33 PM
Hall of Fame

As a Yorkshireman, I'd have to say its looking worryingly possible..........
Old 26.05.2011, 06:54 PM
Rookie

I feel great for Lancashire, but Leicestershire just happen to be bottom of the whole thing!
Old 30.05.2011, 08:20 PM
Pro

carnt believe England pulled off the win today i went out and the game was still rained off i came back and they had won. Great performance when the game looked like only a draw was possible.
I'm getting more and more confidant that England can be the number one team in the world our batting line up is really stong and will be event better if Pieterson can sort his problems out. Trott just wow looks imposible to get this guy out has amazing patience.
We have good stength in depth in the bowling department aswell am really excited for the next few years especially with a few of Indias big guns heading for retirement.
The big test will be against India of course but in our conditions i think we have the edge
Think we head to the sub continent aswell this winter which will also be a big test
Old 30.05.2011, 09:24 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trancer View Post
carnt believe England pulled off the win today i went out and the game was still rained off i came back and they had won. Great performance when the game looked like only a draw was possible.
I'm getting more and more confidant that England can be the number one team in the world our batting line up is really stong and will be event better if Pieterson can sort his problems out. Trott just wow looks imposible to get this guy out has amazing patience.
We have good stength in depth in the bowling department aswell am really excited for the next few years especially with a few of Indias big guns heading for retirement.
The big test will be against India of course but in our conditions i think we have the edge
Think we head to the sub continent aswell this winter which will also be a big test
Until Pietersen can play left arm spin the likes of Trott are going to carry him.
Old 31.05.2011, 12:59 AM
Banned

problem with pieterson is his constant retreat into moments of brainfade. Ive always suspected his on-field intelligence therefore was surprised when he was appointed captain.