Premier League Thread - Page 1053 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

  #10521  
Old 07.08.2011, 07:41 PM
leebladedawg's Avatar
leebladedawg leebladedawg is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 25.11.2005
Posts: 17,158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks Jets View Post
Awesome performance. Pre-season but still great to see, some of our recent passing play has been fantastic.

God, I'd hate for a team playing that football to win the title, a loss for football, eh LeeBlade?

That 2nd goal was perfection. Cleverley and Nani were superb.
Thats always been my problem with you guys, you have always clearly had the ability to play that way but rarely do especially in the big games because you scared of losing.

Your like the David Haye of the Boxing world, you talk a good fight but when it comes to dangerous opposition you aint got the balls and you try and win on points rather than Toe to Toe. This is why you deserved to lose to Barca and rightly so and why it would be better for Football if Arsenal won league because you aint got the conviction within yourselves to win week in week out playing like that
Reply With Quote
  #10522  
Old 07.08.2011, 07:46 PM
leebladedawg's Avatar
leebladedawg leebladedawg is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 25.11.2005
Posts: 17,158
Default

On a separate note Mancini really needs to stop being overly cautious if he wants to win the title, his team were outplayed by a side that really, given what he has at his disposal they shoudlnt be. Im not saying go all out but clearly he was more afraid of losing to United than winning the game.

The best bit about the entire game for me was the advertising boards showing the mesage " support your local side" with half the ground full of United fans
Reply With Quote
  #10523  
Old 07.08.2011, 07:59 PM
Jacks Jets's Avatar
Jacks Jets Jacks Jets is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 24.09.2006
Posts: 8,651
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebladedawg View Post
Thats always been my problem with you guys, you have always clearly had the ability to play that way but rarely do especially in the big games because you scared of losing.

Your like the David Haye of the Boxing world, you talk a good fight but when it comes to dangerous opposition you aint got the balls and you try and win on points rather than Toe to Toe. This is why you deserved to lose to Barca and rightly so and why it would be better for Football if Arsenal won league because you aint got the conviction within yourselves to win week in week out playing like that
Gash.

United play great football week in week out, deny it all you want. You just come across as a bitter hater.

Arsenal played great attacking football in the Nou Camp.

We deserved to lose to Barca because they were a better team than us and the best team in the world. Not because we didn't play to win, which we did.
Reply With Quote
  #10524  
Old 07.08.2011, 08:07 PM
leebladedawg's Avatar
leebladedawg leebladedawg is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 25.11.2005
Posts: 17,158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks Jets View Post
Gash.

United play great football week in week out, deny it all you want. You just come across as a bitter hater.

Arsenal played great attacking football in the Nou Camp.

We deserved to lose to Barca because they were a better team than us and the best team in the world. Not because we didn't play to win, which we did.
No you dont and thats my problem with your lot
Reply With Quote
  #10525  
Old 07.08.2011, 09:35 PM
Jacks Jets's Avatar
Jacks Jets Jacks Jets is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 24.09.2006
Posts: 8,651
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebladedawg View Post
No you dont and thats my problem with your lot
Okay mate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0nE4bDl4V8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCgAJgfEv6g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFz5tYrP3pg

Unbeleivable...



...Jeff!

Great football against the three top teams in England away from Old Trafford, but if you say we play scared, we play scared. Sure thing.

Last edited by Jacks Jets; 08.08.2011 at 12:14 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #10526  
Old 08.08.2011, 12:05 AM
Jacks Jets's Avatar
Jacks Jets Jacks Jets is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 24.09.2006
Posts: 8,651
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy_106fm View Post
Cleverly didn't look out of place which is probably the biggest compliment I can pay to him.
Not only did he not look out of place, he looked right at home. I think he's a potential gem and have been saying that for all of two years. I think Wigan and England (JordanHendersonlol) wasted him out wide. He's great and almost Wilshere like in how he can link up the play through the middle. He's not great at getting involved in the game, imposing himself on it, but he'll rarely do anything wrong, I think that's why he looks missing on the wings, but through the middle he can really have a positive influence.

I'd like to see Fergie go with an Ando-Cleverley CM for a while, see if they can cope, it might be a bit attacking but there's a lot of potential there. Carrick is just so negative it's unbelievable.

Welbeck may even be better than Cleverley, but there's so much competition for him that I can't see him getting enough chances at least this season to prove it.

Exciting times for United right now, huge potential in that squad - The Da Silva's, Jones and Christiano Smalling all have top class ability too.

Last edited by Jacks Jets; 08.08.2011 at 12:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #10527  
Old 08.08.2011, 12:58 PM
MattMD's Avatar
MattMD MattMD is offline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: 01.01.2010
Posts: 716
Default

I've set up a Premier League fantasy league on the league website, if anyone wants to join heres the code: 706435-277317
Reply With Quote
  #10528  
Old 08.08.2011, 02:50 PM
Dave_R's Avatar
Dave_R Dave_R is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 06.09.2003
Posts: 7,513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks Jets View Post
I think Wigan and England (JordanHendersonlol) wasted him out wide. He's great and almost Wilshere like in how he can link up the play through the middle. He's not great at getting involved in the game, imposing himself on it, but he'll rarely do anything wrong, I think that's why he looks missing on the wings, but through the middle he can really have a positive influence.
With regards to the first statement it shows the sorry state of the international management when Henderson is better out wide and was played in the middle.

With the second that probably explains why he was pushed out wide, you can't have central midfielders who aren't involved and sometimes stuggle to make an impression on the game
Reply With Quote
  #10529  
Old 08.08.2011, 03:03 PM
Barryt's Avatar
Barryt Barryt is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 10.09.2006
Posts: 1,709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebladedawg View Post
Thats always been my problem with you guys, you have always clearly had the ability to play that way but rarely do especially in the big games because you scared of losing.

Your like the David Haye of the Boxing world, you talk a good fight but when it comes to dangerous opposition you aint got the balls and you try and win on points rather than Toe to Toe. This is why you deserved to lose to Barca and rightly so and why it would be better for Football if Arsenal won league because you aint got the conviction within yourselves to win week in week out playing like that
That is very very true and has always been my only criticism of Fergie and to be fair English teams in general. We have an inferiority complex that makes our first instinct to top the opposition rather than make them play our game.
Barca are a special team and we were always going to struggle last year, but the last meeting in 2009 we tried to fit square pegs in round holes and blew it with Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez etc at our disposal!
The British let down is belief, we just do not believe we are the best despite all the talk!

Can't agree that it would be "better for football" for anyone to win the league, if you want to win it then earn it! Arsenal are in a way the opposite of Fergie, Wenger is so blinded by his thesis on pretty football that he refuses to change for games and continues to get beaten time and time again in big games by getting caught on the break.
Reply With Quote
  #10530  
Old 08.08.2011, 03:07 PM
Barryt's Avatar
Barryt Barryt is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 10.09.2006
Posts: 1,709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks Jets View Post
Gash.

United play great football week in week out, deny it all you want. You just come across as a bitter hater.

Arsenal played great attacking football in the Nou Camp.

We deserved to lose to Barca because they were a better team than us and the best team in the world. Not because we didn't play to win, which we did.
Its not gash mate, he's bang on!
Look at the last few years in the big games away at Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Barca, Bayern etc

Even if we start well and take the lead, out instinct is to fall back and protect it, and we always pay the price!
The exception is that away game against Arsenal when we broke on them 3 times and scored, but I think that says more about Arsenal than us.

Hell we even roll out a massive BELIEVE banner at the start of big Euro games, because we want the players to heed the message!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 03:33 PM.