Premier League Thread - Page 153 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 20.04.2009, 04:19 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry View Post
and as for Berbatov his still a great player in the right team and he can come back to us any time but not foe 30 million........thats just his style you love it or you hate it...
Id be more than happy to see us get rid of him even if its only for 10 million.
Old 20.04.2009, 08:32 PM
MVP

Berbatov is quite simply the biggest waste of 30 million ive ever seen. Hes utterly useless and i cant stand him.

Id be more than happy to see united sell him and make a loss on him just to get him out of OT.
Old 20.04.2009, 10:53 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLegend View Post
Berbatov is quite simply the biggest waste of 30 million ive ever seen. Hes utterly useless and i cant stand him.

Id be more than happy to see united sell him and make a loss on him just to get him out of OT.
Yup

And it's not like the Rooney/Ronaldo/Tevez attack was any good last year, It only helped us win the Premiership and Champions League. Ugh!

I just hate him, as a person, for his whole general attitude. He plays like he's Gods gift to football and that any effort isn't required. No passion for the game at all, he'd rather brush his hair.

I F'ing hate him and I've NEVER hated a United player before, this Prima Donna needs to go. The fact that he's been starting ahead of a player like Carlos Tevez who wears the jersey with pride and gives 100% every game, is disgraceful.
Old 20.04.2009, 11:34 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barryt View Post
He just isn't suited to this United team, and his attitude doesn't make up for it.
His attitude is why most big clubs avoided him for much of his early career, only a club like Spurs could afford the risk (lots of money, limited success). I likened his arrival at Utd to putting a sail on a speed boat...turned out right.
Old 21.04.2009, 01:15 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks Jets View Post
I hope someone takes a crowbar to The Berbie Girls knees. Seriously, I hate him with a passion!
I'm sure he feels the same about you.
Old 21.04.2009, 01:21 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanuma2 View Post
Do go on. One off cup games don't tend to say an awful lot about league football normally.

I think people are probably going overboard about the team selection too. No doubt it was a weakened side, but not by that much. The only significant difference in quality was the absence of Ronaldo and Rooney. OK, pretty significant, but you'd expect "the best team in Europe" to be able to be competitive at least, and they were.
I don't think anyone would normally be worried about weakened team selection (and it didn't matter how well they played or not, they weren't even the second string) had Alex Ferguson not been busy calling out another manager for being arrogant, on the basis of a gesture.
Old 21.04.2009, 04:13 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Admirer View Post
I don't think anyone would normally be worried about weakened team selection (and it didn't matter how well they played or not, they weren't even the second string) had Alex Ferguson not been busy calling out another manager for being arrogant, on the basis of a gesture.
Thats right to a certain degree, I don't think Fergie can really call anyone for being arrogant but the team selection was as much out if necessity as it was judgement.

There are many players at United now who think they are World superstars and don't put in the effort required to pull on the red shirt. Carrick, Nani, Berbatov & O'shea being the main offenders! They are too casual and clearly don't care as long as they get their paycheck!
Unfortunately we have to play these guys because of our injury list and because we want our best players fit & rest for the 3 games in 7 days we're about to play!
Fletcher, Rooney & Evra all deserved a rest after recent all-action displays, and with the above 4 being crap what option did he have other than the likes of Gibson, Da Silva's, Macheda and Welbeck......none of whom let us down, and I only thought Welbeck played poorly out of them all!
Old 21.04.2009, 04:59 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barryt View Post
Thats right to a certain degree, I don't think Fergie can really call anyone for being arrogant but the team selection was as much out if necessity as it was judgement.

There are many players at United now who think they are World superstars and don't put in the effort required to pull on the red shirt. Carrick, Nani, Berbatov & O'shea being the main offenders! They are too casual and clearly don't care as long as they get their paycheck!
Unfortunately we have to play these guys because of our injury list and because we want our best players fit & rest for the 3 games in 7 days we're about to play!
Fletcher, Rooney & Evra all deserved a rest after recent all-action displays, and with the above 4 being crap what option did he have other than the likes of Gibson, Da Silva's, Macheda and Welbeck......none of whom let us down, and I only thought Welbeck played poorly out of them all!
We play Berbatov because of the money invested in him.
Old 21.04.2009, 08:31 PM
Hall of Fame

I think people are starting to see just why I rate Arshavin so highly now. I just REALLY wish we had signed him.

If reports are to be believed, we are about to reward long term injury absence Joe Cole with £100k a week.

No offense to Joe Cole, but he isnt a fifth of the player Arshavin is. IMHO
Old 21.04.2009, 08:50 PM
Hall of Fame

4th goal was just the exclamation mark.

Another 4-4 game ?

Last edited by vann_mcelroy; 21.04.2009 at 08:53 PM.