NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 08.12.2008, 02:17 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeylfc4 View Post
this is to LFC and man united supporters who are supporting their local team

dont cockney reds annoy you????????
Whats that got to do with anything? Why do you support San Diego? are you from there?
Old 08.12.2008, 08:49 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vann_mcelroy View Post
Whats that got to do with anything? Why do you support San Diego? are you from there?
LOl nicely put
Old 08.12.2008, 10:08 PM
All Pro

come you spurs only one team in it........2-0 lovely..............
Old 09.12.2008, 08:40 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
The FA Cup is now a 2nd rate tournament. The Championship Playoff Final is more important. The only reason that Pompey and Cardiff got to the final last season, was that a lot of the premiership teams didn't fully commit, because they thought that one of the "Big 4" would win it, by utilising their vast squads, and that a Cup run probably ending in failure would have made their league performances suffer.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the World Cup draw is rigged as Germany and England always get easy draws and the Southern european teams always get difficult one. If anyone thinks that, that's down to chance, they don't understand the laws of probability.

And for those who cry "Conspiracy Theory", I would say that if the whole half of the World Cup which took place in South Korea was rigged, it wouldn't take much to rig a draw !!!
Do you watch/understand football draws at all? They draw balls out of boxes with their own hands. If you can explain to me how that's rigged you'll do well.
Old 09.12.2008, 11:37 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddyRamsey View Post
Do you watch/understand football draws at all? They draw balls out of boxes with their own hands. If you can explain to me how that's rigged you'll do well.
It's comfortable in your world isn't it. Everthings that isn't proven is a conspiracy theory. You may have forgotten but the oval shaped things that the numbers were drawn out of in the last WC were large enough to fit the bible and the koran
Old 09.12.2008, 01:01 PM
All Pro

Quote:
It's not exactly proof, but did you see the FA Cup draw last year? There were numerous rumours that Manchester United and Middlesbrough (balls 24 and 25) got mixed up (or insert another conspiracy theory.) Link http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vzsSZ2OC_94

Anyway, in the draw when number 24 is taken from the basket, it looks scarily like number 25 (meaning Man Utd played Aston Villa), later in the clip when the number 25 ball is actually drawn, Sammy Nelson has his thumb over most of the ball. I'm not totally convinced , but it's an interesting clip and it is a bit odd how Man Utd always seem to face premiership opposition in the FA Cup.
Old 09.12.2008, 02:33 PM
MVP

Quote:
It's comfortable in your world isn't it. Everthings that isn't proven is a conspiracy theory. You may have forgotten but the oval shaped things that the numbers were drawn out of in the last WC were large enough to fit the bible and the koran
And what was written on them? I must have missed that ball that had "Italy", "France" and "Germany" scribbled out with England written on in biro pen underneath.
Old 09.12.2008, 03:44 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Heated balls
Old 09.12.2008, 04:29 PM
All Pro

Lightbulb

Quote:
And what was written on them? I must have missed that ball that had "Italy", "France" and "Germany" scribbled out with England written on in biro pen underneath.

Actually the oval spheres opened up like an easter egg and a large piece of paper was pulled from a slit. There was more than enough room for two or three slits in each sphere to accomodate unfolding events.

I suppose the easy draws that Germany and England have got in the past could be down to coincidence and the seeding system, but then that wouldn't explain why the Southern European teams always get difficult ones. However what I am certain of is that Mr Blatter is corrupt and nothing will chance my mind on that.

You are probably a regular joe who will refuse to believe that anything ontoward takes place anywhere in the world, unless it is proved beyond a reasonable doubt or you hear it on the BBC. I think you would refuse to consider that a draw was corrupt even if it was performed by Derren Brown or Paul McKenna, because it makes your life easier to assume that everything is right in the world
Old 09.12.2008, 05:26 PM
MVP

Quote:
Actually the oval spheres opened up like an easter egg and a large piece of paper was pulled from a slit. There was more than enough room for two or three slits in each sphere to accomodate unfolding events.

I suppose the easy draws that Germany and England have got in the past could be down to coincidence and the seeding system, but then that wouldn't explain why the Southern European teams always get difficult ones. However what I am certain of is that Mr Blatter is corrupt and nothing will chance my mind on that.

You are probably a regular joe who will refuse to believe that anything ontoward takes place anywhere in the world, unless it is proved beyond a reasonable doubt or you hear it on the BBC. I think you would refuse to consider that a draw was corrupt even if it was performed by Derren Brown or Paul McKenna, because it makes your life easier to assume that everything is right in the world
i swear some people just love these 'conspiracy theories'....

You are aware that you sound ridiculous right?