Premier League Thread - Page 54 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 11.12.2008, 03:40 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Duper View Post
You've nothing constructive to add to the discussion then eh?
I don't think much needs to be added when people who are claiming the draws are fixed have to come up with something as flimsy as:

'Maybe on the years where it didn't seem any fixing went on due to the matchups, the teams that year were doing strongly in the Champions League or something.'

Bravo on backing up your argument with such strong conviction, or something.
Old 11.12.2008, 04:55 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch1 View Post
I don't think much needs to be added when people who are claiming the draws are fixed have to come up with something as flimsy as:

'Maybe on the years where it didn't seem any fixing went on due to the matchups, the teams that year were doing strongly in the Champions League or something.'

Bravo on backing up your argument with such strong conviction, or something.
Yeah and your post is as about as much to do with attempting to be a windup merchant as it is constructive yet again.
Old 11.12.2008, 04:56 PM
MVP

Quote:
Yeah and your post is as about as much to do with attempting to be a windup merchant as it is constructive yet again.
glad someone else has noticed this in him.
Old 11.12.2008, 05:02 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by towen5 View Post
How you doing towen5 mate?

You know me as well as anyone likes some banter. What is more boring than ever on this forum is just plain attempts at trying to rip someones beliefs apart without most of the time offering an alternative reason for their argument.

Its like the arguments I constantly have with my old man. Always trying to prove the other wrong or disagree for the sake of it.
Old 11.12.2008, 05:12 PM
MVP

Quote:
Whats the matter with these cheeseheads!! I'm starting to think that they are all the same person!!
Old 11.12.2008, 05:12 PM
MVP

To expand on what I was saying about the Champions league or something. That if the top teams that year were having a strong run in the CL then they might have fielded weaker teams in the FA Cup games. Therefore FA wouldn't need to fix the draw as these teams might have been knocked out earlier in the rounds from a lower league team.

Going back to previous years, when maybe it was just Chelsea/Man Utd in the league top spots, teams like Liverpool/Arsenal might have fielded stronger FA Cup teams as they had been already knocked out of the CL. A chance to win some silverware.

Or that the teams remaining in the FA Cup might have made a weaker field due to the biggest teams commiting to league or CL, therefore we ended up with say a Millwall or Barnsley in the semi-finals.

All I'm saying is the FA might only fix the draw if not all of the big teams are left, to protect the final. If most of the big teams are left then theres no need to fix the draw as the final will still have some top tier premier league teams in it.

Last edited by Mark_Duper; 11.12.2008 at 05:55 PM.
Old 11.12.2008, 06:20 PM
MVP

Quote:
To expand on what I was saying about the Champions league or something. That if the top teams that year were having a strong run in the CL then they might have fielded weaker teams in the FA Cup games. Therefore FA wouldn't need to fix the draw as these teams might have been knocked out earlier in the rounds from a lower league team.

Going back to previous years, when maybe it was just Chelsea/Man Utd in the league top spots, teams like Liverpool/Arsenal might have fielded stronger FA Cup teams as they had been already knocked out of the CL. A chance to win some silverware.

Or that the teams remaining in the FA Cup might have made a weaker field due to the biggest teams commiting to league or CL, therefore we ended up with say a Millwall or Barnsley in the semi-finals.

All I'm saying is the FA might only fix the draw if not all of the big teams are left, to protect the final. If most of the big teams are left then theres no need to fix the draw as the final will still have some top tier premier league teams in it.
I understood you completely and while i dont have much interest as i think you have to beat the best to be the best, i think its very likely that fixing is a possibility.

People are just trying to get a reaction and shoot others down.
Old 11.12.2008, 11:15 PM
All Pro

Quote:

If this is the case then surely Manchester United wouldn't have been drawn against Arsenal (5th round) and Portsmouth (6th Round) in consecutive rounds last year, especially in he 6th round considering Chelsea and Boro were the only other premier teams left in the draw. If the FA were so intent on getting the top tier teams to the final why would they match up Arsenal - Newcastle and United - Spurs as far back as the 4th round?

As for 'Always trying to prove the other wrong or disagree for the sake of it.' Thats the point of a forum, you wouldn't put your opinion across otherwise.
Old 12.12.2008, 12:14 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch1 View Post
As for 'Always trying to prove the other wrong or disagree for the sake of it.' Thats the point of a forum, you wouldn't put your opinion across otherwise.
Im not going to play your childish games. Get your attention craves elsewhere.
Old 12.12.2008, 03:47 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Im not going to play your childish games. Get your attention craves elsewhere.
Excuse me? Did I refer or in anyway direct that answer at you? I'd have thought the quotation of Mark's post, an earlier quote of his given in quotation marks and answer to what he wrote would have given you a clue, obviously not.
PROTIP: Stop giving it the 'holier than thou' attitude when I said nothing to you, it kind of doesn't work.