Panthers thread - Page 58 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Carolina Panthers

Old 20.01.2009, 11:58 AM
All Pro

Just noticed Rip Scherer is our new QB's Coach, him & Davidson worked together at Cleveland, just a new D-line coach we need now as far as the coaches are concerned.

Im hopeful we may finally get some good news in the next couple of weeks though as the Front Office is hopefully working round the clock to sort out a long term deal with Gross. That way we can stick the tag on Julius & then trade him.
Old 23.01.2009, 10:41 AM
All Pro

After a couple of weeks of rumours Trgovac has finally left.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/pan...ry/490610.html

So the only guy we have left from the Defensive staff of last year is Safeties Coach Mike Gillhamer. Interesting to see Haslett was immediately linked with the job, would be interesting given his Saints history.
Old 27.01.2009, 01:06 PM
Team Captain

Looks like we got a star as a def coordinator!!!...Bloody hell, I'll be surprised if he's not the next Head Coach!!...Wow...If the offence can keep it all going like they did last year and this new chap can get the damn defence doing it's job consistently we may actually be in with a chance!! :-) ...

Not entierly sure where I sit with the QB situation...Not in any way having a go at Jakey, he just had a crappy match...But I think they do need to look at the future and give Matt Moore a go at least, if not drafting one of the better QBs this year...

I'm glad I'm a Panthers fan...It was a bloody good year all in all...I'm off to watch the Panthers/Bucs game again... :-D ...Got my email answered and everything ;-) ...
Old 27.01.2009, 04:36 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertbert View Post
Looks like we got a star as a def coordinator!!!...Bloody hell, I'll be surprised if he's not the next Head Coach!!...Wow...If the offence can keep it all going like they did last year and this new chap can get the damn defence doing it's job consistently we may actually be in with a chance!! :-) ...

Not entierly sure where I sit with the QB situation...Not in any way having a go at Jakey, he just had a crappy match...But I think they do need to look at the future and give Matt Moore a go at least, if not drafting one of the better QBs this year...

I'm glad I'm a Panthers fan...It was a bloody good year all in all...I'm off to watch the Panthers/Bucs game again... :-D ...Got my email answered and everything ;-) ...
Yeah, hiring Meeks is a good move. I don't think our defensive philosophy will change that much. Fox will still have the reigns of the defense as a whole.

Matt Moore and Jake Delhomme should have an open competition in training camp, but I can't see how Delhomme isn't the starter. Sitting him would be a bad move. One thing we do need to do is restructure his contract. He counts a good bit against the cap in 2009.

That game at home against the Bucs truly was a great game for Panthers fans. I remember staying up until 5am in the morning and smiling from ear to ear.
Old 29.01.2009, 07:39 AM
Team Captain

Heh, yeah, I know what you mean... :-) ...

I got 3 hours sleep beforehand, then got up at 1 to watch it...Unfortunately I had to be in work for 7.30 afterwards...For a 12 hour day... :-/ ...But then that's what Coffee was invented for isn't it?... :-) ...

But yes, much smiling after that game... :-D ...

I even thought the Giants game was brilliant...Did the same for that one...Well, except I wasn't in work after...Bloody John Kasay...Grrrr...
Old 11.02.2009, 03:37 PM
All Pro

New Linebackers & Secondary coaches have been appointed:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...211/index.html
Old 18.02.2009, 01:12 PM
Team Captain

Lets hope they can do something to shore the secondary up...Having re-watched the Giants game I really think that last trundle down the field could have been well avoided if Gamble and Harris that other linebacker could have gotten it together...Who was in the Linebacker corps besides Beason anyways?...Never noticed...

Still, here's hoping for next year...
Old 18.02.2009, 11:44 PM
All Pro

How gutted are you lot to be losing Peppers?

He's a hell of a player.
Old 19.02.2009, 06:03 AM
Team Captain

Personally, not so much...Oh yeah, no doubt he's good...Brilliant even...But I'm sure he - like anyone - can be replaced...It's not like he was the only player to get sacks is it?...

Prsonally, I'd give Jordan Gross a pile of money up front and sign him to a lesser yearly salary to keep the cap under control...Then franchise Peppers and get the first round pick trade done...
Old 19.02.2009, 10:09 AM
All Pro

Well I'll sure be glad to see him leave the NFC South behind..