Draft Day 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Denver Broncos

Old 24.04.2010, 12:00 PM
All Pro

Default Draft Day 2

Was impressed with the Denver draft in Day 2. Decker is a solid receiver - an Ed McCaffrey type guy. Very gritty and finds a way to get the job done. He could be a starter in a couple of years though his blocking needs to be a little better. I was surprised by this pick and it makes me think in the long term he sees Decker and Thomas on the outside and Royal in the slot.

JD Walton is an excellent center and has a brilliant football mind. I thought we drafted him right where he should and he could be ready to be thrown straight in to the mix. A really smart pick here. He has spent the last 3 years holding his own and moving some very good Big 12 DTs

Beadles I didn't think was on our board but no complaints. He was a LT at Utah and played in the spread so questions are asked about his run blocking ability. He will to G for us and does have quick feet and not a bad reach. I think he is a little bit of a project but there is not reason why he can't do use a service at G for a good few years
Old 24.04.2010, 08:09 PM
All Pro

I would have prefered Jon Asamoah at G over Beadles. I was also surprised we took another WR when we need youth on defence. 2 CBs today though, quite pleased we picked up Cox
Old 25.04.2010, 02:17 AM
Pro Bowler

Wow... the transfer to the power Blocking scheme seems to be complete already... some transition..

Was surprised that we traded back into the 7th round with 2 picks at the cost of a 5th next year. Hope it was worth it!

with these many picks, and 4 QB's on the roster I think Jarvis Moss' days are numbered.
Old 25.04.2010, 01:50 PM
All Pro

My only criticism is 2 Centers on Day 3. Eric Olsen isn't all that. The only thing I could think is that McD drafted his starter and backup in the same day!

Cox was worth a gamble. If he books his ideas up he will be a good player. If he doesn't then he is a low enough pick to kick to the curb but he is worth a gamble.

Thought trading into the 7th made sense. Next years draft is potentially very weak so grabbing a couple in the 7th wasn't too bad an idea