Okay let's talk about Tony Romo - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

Old 30.10.2011, 10:16 PM
Rookie

Romo is either brilliant or poor there is no middle ground with him. He as a team being built around him at Dallas and Jerry Jones and Jason Garret have a lot of faith in him but for me he isn't a QB that will lead you to a superbowl.
Old 02.11.2011, 01:19 PM
Starter

Lets not and say we did
Old 10.01.2012, 01:12 PM
Rookie

C'mon guys, lets give Romo a break! He's played with broken ribs and a punctured lung, put up with non-existant blocking at times from his o-line, no solid running back once Murray got injured and his recievers missing key passes, what more can he do? Sure, at times he throws a few bad passes but so does Eli and he still gets to play this weekend, why? Because the rest of his team stands up and takes some of the heat off.

Let's not be too downbeat, the defense can improve with time this summer, get a few key players in the draft (sorry Newman, game over) and the Cowboys can challenge next year. Remember it could be worse, we could be the Redskins!
Old 11.01.2012, 04:13 PM
Rookie

i would rather take rivers eli or flacco ahead of romo ....hes got no bottle and doesnt like getting hit
Old 14.01.2012, 02:56 PM
Rookie

How many QBs do like getting hit?

To be fair, playing on despite a fractured rib and punctured lung suggest the guy has bottle IMHO.
Old 05.02.2012, 08:38 PM
Starter

I,ve only seen Romo a couple of times this season so its not fair to judge, Cowboys dont have the best O line and hes often flushed and has to make the best of it, i just cant see the team going that far with him.
Old 05.02.2012, 09:31 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStar63 View Post
I,ve only seen Romo a couple of times this season so its not fair to judge, Cowboys dont have the best O line and hes often flushed and has to make the best of it, i just cant see the team going that far with him.
As a 20 year + Cowboys fan I think you are right. There's not much wrong with Romo as a QB but I think the overall team is just missing something, be it the leadership issue that cropped up last year or something else.

Talent wise on offense you really can't complain....

Potentially an awesome tailback in Murray (assuming he proves hes an everydown, 16 game a season back)....
One of the best receiving tight ends in the game....
A WR corps that can compete with the best of them and has surprising depth.
Maybe the O-Line needs some help but we started that process last year....

SO maybe Tony needs to morph into that fella who came back into the game against the 49'ers for the entire season for the team to make the next step.

New Orleans have prove you can win without a top tier defense and its certain (surely.....) that Jerry will start to plug the gaps on that side of the field this year.

What do we have beyond Tony ? I know McGee was highly thought of in college pre-injury and he showed flashes of talent in the limited ops he got but again he doesn't scream "franchise QB" at me (but then I guess neither did Tom Brady to anyone LOL). I'm not sure a high priced free agent in the long term answer without someone to develop too.

Would the 'boys be mad to take another development project this year ? I'm just picking names of people who will be around mid rounds like Nick Foles, Kellen Moore....maybe even Ryan Tannerhill in the 2nd if he's still there. Its not going to happen as its clear Tony's the man for Jerry but he's not going to get any younger and a replacement will need finding sooner or later.
Old 19.03.2012, 10:29 PM
Rookie

Like the idea people have that they would rather have Eli or Rivers instead of Romo....how do you figure that we get those guys????

Romo has always had his ups and downs (big ups and downs) but last season he seemed to be growing into the real deal.

The problem? The loss of the run game. No offence to anyone who likes him, but Felix Jones is just not the player he was. When we had Murray in the backfield, I felt confident that he could make big plays.

So, my thoughts are; give Romo another season, hope the run game is effective and pray we get some big defensive players in the draft.

And if all fails; we have Kyle Orton :-P
Old 24.03.2012, 03:26 PM
All Pro

Aikman came out and said Romo was better than he was . Any1 else read that?
Old 27.03.2012, 10:35 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manveer1 View Post
Aikman came out and said Romo was better than he was . Any1 else read that?
Yes i read it.

I get what he's saying, Romo is a top QB.

Aikman is a legend and i don't like comparing QBs from different era's, but i will say Romo will never be compared to Staubach and Aikman unless he win's multiple rings like them.