Los Angeles Chargers Thread - Page 770 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Los Angeles Chargers

Old 02.05.2015, 12:33 AM
All Pro

Our GM has no clue how to draft. Absolute muppet.
Old 02.05.2015, 02:52 AM
All Pro

Yep.

Considering how the first three rounds fell and the players we could have landed I don't think there's any defending these picks at all.

First two drafts were suspicious, but this is just completely scandalous.

Roll on another 5 years of watching constant futility under a clueless GM and an ignorant coward of an HC.

Beyond angry right now
Old 02.05.2015, 07:29 AM
MVP

I dont get it.

We needed a running back and whilst i hate that we traded our 4th again and think we'd have been better served going RB in the 2nd and keeping our 4th, i can get in board with it.

But an ilb in the 2nd? And corner in 3rd who may play safety? Its horrible. Wheres the guard? Nose tackle? Defensive end? Outside linebacker?

Im so disapointed
Old 02.05.2015, 08:12 AM
All Pro

An utter disgrace.

Bad enough we give up MORE picks when we have less depth than a childs paddling pool, but to go ILB and CB this early, I just don't know.

I've no doubt Melvin Gordon is a good player but what's he going to do with no line to run at - I hear about all this upgrading of it, but all I see is Franklin. I hate to go on but JOHNNIE TROUTMAN is still there.....We have 2 picks left this year to try and get him out of the way.

The 22nd ranked CB in the 3rd? Why can't our front office trade back and only trade up (in complete panic it seems!)....three years in a row we have gave away 4th round picks when I think everyone knows we need depth (and we build through the draft apparently, although believing a word TT says is difficult at this point).

Perryman apparently hits hard - Brilliant another Addae who will injure himself at some point trying to drop the boom on some guy. Butler had a bad year but I would have thought they would try and sort him out alongside Te'o rather than just cast him aside.

So in a league where its a passing league, we have NO pass rush bar Corey Liuget who will give everything he has to get to the Quarterback and the possibility that Attoachu breaks out.....(im not even going to mention Melvin "I'll either be injured or be a step short of the sack" Ingram)....brilliant.
Old 02.05.2015, 08:19 AM
All Pro

This says it all from Annie Heilbrunn on twitter:

Craig Mager at restaurant when got call from #Chargers. Said was relaxed bc thought he'd go later. Very excited; said parents still crying.

EVEN HE THOUGHT HE'D GO LATER!!! Goddammit Telesco, I've no doubt this guy would have been there in the 5th IMO.
Old 04.05.2015, 08:52 AM
MVP

Finally drafted for need on day 3? Great. Don't get me wrong the players sound like they have upside which is all u can ask for on day 3 but this draft has been such a disappointment

In other news, I've booked my flights to head out to SD for the week 7 home game to the raiders!
Old 04.05.2015, 09:54 AM
Team Captain

Looks like I'm the only one not totally gutted by the draft. To me it looks like Telesco has gone BPA after the 1st. We were never going to draft an answer at NT. after Shelton it was all big lads with big question marks. OL was the biggest miss but I wouldn't rule out something being done in Terms of a trade.

I like Perryman a lot and our day 3 selections both look solid. Mager is the big unknown but there were a few teams interested in him. Gordon was just a must.
Old 04.05.2015, 11:24 AM
MVP

Its not that i hate the players taken, all appear talented and/or have upside but i fail to see how anyone other than Gordon fills an immediate need and will make us any better in the immediate future
Old 05.05.2015, 07:23 PM
Starter

I'm certainly not gutted about the draft. Liked the Gordon pick, even with the trade, and Perrymen looks a prospect. The 5th and 6th rounders I liked, especially Emanuel. Mager perhaps a reach but then again nfl.com had Emanuel and Philon down as 3rd rounders and he was drawing interest.

From what i've read lot, of commentary on this not being a particularly strong draft - evidenced perhaps by the lack of trading down in the first - and if so drafting BPA rather than for need is sensible, even if it means additional cover at CB when that's one of our stronger areas.

Good to read the press today about Ingram turning up in great shape.
Old 06.05.2015, 12:59 PM
All Pro

Meh, I'm not overwhelmed to be honest. While I'm in no position to say whether this was a particularly bad (or good!) draft (and to be honest I don't think anyone is right now), I just can't help but feel that three drafts in, Telesco has slightly squandered the chance to use his 'new start leeway' to build a good solid roster foundation. If ever there's a situation that allows you to trade down, accumulate picks, go BPA and look beyond the 'fixitfixitfixit' frenzy that seems to characterise most draft strategies, you'd think it would be the position we were in when he and McCoy were hired.

It just feels like we're right into the cycle of damage limitation, papering over holes which inevitably appear faster than you can cover them. I'm strongly of the view that good or bad talent evaluation, the draft will always be a bit of a crapshoot, and the best way to offset that is to increase the sample size and pick more players. That's why I particularly wince whenever we trade up and especially just to fill an immediate need (in a position that is only becoming cheaper and easier to fill).

Anyway, we're into that rather depressing cycle now, and three years on I don't think you can expect the kind of fan and owner opinion leeway that you may have had before. This draft may turn out to be great; I just don't really agree with the overall strategy (or lack thereof) that seems to be suggested by these first three drafts.