Making the trip to the US!!! - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Old 21.12.2012, 05:07 AM
Starter

Default Making the trip to the US!!!

I really really want to go to a game in the US but i dont know how to go about it ,,, also i wouldnt want to b on me own... any sugestions or any things that you have done in the past... and also how much money would you have to be willing to spend ??
Old 21.12.2012, 08:34 AM
All Pro

I have made the trip over a few times for home games and away.

Its hard to give advice as I dont know your age or what you would like to do. Your best bet is to hopefully get a friend to go and you can make a holiday out of it, as well as a football trip. If you are wanting to go to a Cardinals home game, then I would highly recommend it. Great stadium, great tailgating, great weather.

Id perhaps recommend flying into Vegas, spending a little time there and drive/fly to phoenix from there. From vegas Id recommend day trips, driving a rented car to Death Valley NP, and up into Utah to Zion NP. Death Valley especially is incredible. The silence is something that is hard to describe, it is deafly silent in such a vast landscape, incredible.

Dont however skip on Arizona, a truly beautiful state. Id highly recommend the Grand Canyon, and the drive up there from Phoenix is great, though quite long. If you do, and go later in the season, be warned, dont make the same mistake as me and assume it will be warm there like in phoenix, I nearly froze to death.

I wouldnt recommend staying in glendale until the night of the game. If you are to spend some time in Phoenix, stay in Tempe, home of Arizona State university, great student hang out, great bars, love it there.

As for acquiring tickets, I have always done so using stub hub, simply buying eticket tickets so that you can print them off yourself. You can however try get single game tickets using ticketmaster once they are officially released. Problem is, the bigger games are usually protect the nest games to try keep as many steelers/cowboys/niners fans out, so you need to buy tickets to multiple games.

Its not a cheap trip all things told. Id usually spend in the range of £2500 for a 2 week trip, everything added up, flights, accommodation, car rental, tickets, spending money, bit of gambling. You can certainly do it for cheaper, as there are much cheaper hotel options than I go with, and I would usually rent a Jeep, so could save on the car.
Old 21.12.2012, 10:52 AM
Rookie

Oh...going to the US for a game? that will be the experience of your life - it's priceless! it's really heard to find some kind of price range with that. And I don't know about going alon - but as dammit already said - I don't know how old you are, so...some more information would be great!
Old 21.12.2012, 10:47 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by b182dammit View Post
Its not a cheap trip all things told. Id usually spend in the range of £2500 for a 2 week trip, everything added up, flights, accommodation, car rental, tickets, spending money, bit of gambling. You can certainly do it for cheaper, as there are much cheaper hotel options than I go with, and I would usually rent a Jeep, so could save on the car.
£2500 for two weeks?! That's mental! It cost me £2350 (without spending money) to go and watch the Jets/spend a week in New York!
Old 23.12.2012, 04:14 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToffeeYankee View Post
£2500 for two weeks?! That's mental! It cost me £2350 (without spending money) to go and watch the Jets/spend a week in New York!
Lol, well either you stayed in Manhattan, or you were ripped off.

I am not even scraping on the cost of things, it could easily be done for less. I usually spend about 1500 for 2 weeks, flights, accommodation, and match tickets. The about another grand whilst i am out there.
Old 24.12.2012, 11:10 AM
Pro

cost me £800 for flights and accomodation 6 nights in manhattan in a 3 star hotel near times square and my giants tickets cost me about £100
Old 25.12.2012, 02:52 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToffeeYankee View Post
That is insanely expensive for a week in New York?! Is that just for one person?
You can get return flights for around £500 (even now), so how the heck did hotels for a week cost £1750? Are you staying in the Plaza Hotel or something (Home Alone reference - you're welcome).

In all honestly you could easily do that for £1000 not including spending money (assuming you are talking about per person), maybe even less.