Are the cards really that bad?? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Arizona Cardinals

  #1  
Old 14.12.2012, 02:56 AM
nicko2k5's Avatar
nicko2k5 nicko2k5 is offline
Starter
 
Join Date: 29.11.2012
Posts: 103
Default Are the cards really that bad??

Do the cards need a major reshuffle??
Or would be be fyn with just strenghening our O-line and a new high standard QB??
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 14.12.2012, 08:13 AM
mrbyte11's Avatar
mrbyte11 mrbyte11 is offline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: 22.07.2009
Posts: 846
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicko2k5 View Post
Do the cards need a major reshuffle??
Or would be be fyn with just strenghening our O-line and a new high standard QB??
at the start of the season i would have said we were a QB short and a good coaching staff

I still think a healthy O line and GOOD coaching would turn our line around into a serviceable unit. but it still needs addressing in the draft.

But I think we need to look at the RB position as well now. its obvious our starters cant stay healthy and niether has ever been healthy.

Our D we needs a OLB who can be a dominant edge rusher ancho and Schofield have been a little dissaponiting this year.

And we need to put a couple of safeties in place ready for the fast approaching departure of Wilson.

We could also do with a good DE to partner CC
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 14.12.2012, 09:22 AM
james1b's Avatar
james1b james1b is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 07.09.2006
Posts: 7,370
Default

Watching them play they look equally as bad as the Rams did last year, but the first 4 games show how much of it can be confidence, a culture change and a few new faces could be massive for the Cards. Oh and a QB.

Something like 36 of the players on the Rams roster last year are not even in the NFL anymore, you guys face nothing like this problem and look where we have got to in 1 year with a culture change. We lacked a lot of things but not a QB, you lack less but vitally lack any kind of starting QB, Kolb can be back-up but you need somewhere there.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 14.12.2012, 11:44 AM
Northern Soul's Avatar
Northern Soul Northern Soul is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 15.10.2006
Posts: 6,861
Default

For me there is hope for next year.
Despite some Cards fans ragging on Levi Brown, we have seen that the options are often worse than what you currently have.
If I were O line coach I would move him back to the right, with Massie moving inside, but essentially being the #1 cover if Levi goes down again.
I like Sendelein more than most seem to. So I'd keep him. The left of the line would need to be adressed in the draft, hopefully the LT with the first pick, as there are options that could be around wherever the Cards land in the draft order. That would leave Potter as the LT back up. Which I am OK with.
Depending on Free Agency options, the Cards might only have to draft a Joeckle or a Lewan on the line.

And I would sack Russ grimm. It is 3 years too late. And while I supprt Whiz, his loyalty to RG has harmed the Cards. That needs to end in January.

I'd stick with Kolb one more year. He did OK before his injury. But if he is still getting injured next year, then would be the time to cut and run. There will be OK guys in FA next year. Jason Campbell and Matt Moore could be OK vets to take on in case Kolb is injured again. If they actually make FA of course. And they might be tempted as they could expect to get playing time.

Then maybe take any one of the mid round prospects at QB. Hopefully not in round 3, where I am desperate for the Cards to take Jordan Kovacks, a strong saftey at Michigan. If you get to watch him, I think you might think you are looking at a clone of Adrian Wilson. (Complete tho with his coverage issues hence the 3rd round grade) So depending on who is there in the 4th, maybe the Cards could pick up an Aaron Murray type for the future. I think both Skelton and Lindley are done.

Most of all. I want the Cards to take Reid Fragel from Ohio State. He is a Right Tackle who converted to from Tight End. I love his aggression, and with him having experience at TE, then bringing him in in a power formation as a Tackle Eligible would be a massive uprage to the Cards blocking. He is forecast as a 6/7/Udrafted guy. I'd take him in the 6th to make sure he was a Card. Someone will be getting a blocker who finishes his blocks every time.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 14.12.2012, 11:27 PM
nicko2k5's Avatar
nicko2k5 nicko2k5 is offline
Starter
 
Join Date: 29.11.2012
Posts: 103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post

Then maybe take any one of the mid round prospects at QB. Hopefully not in round 3, where I am desperate for the Cards to take Jordan Kovacks, a strong saftey at Michigan. If you get to watch him, I think you might think you are looking at a clone of Adrian Wilson. (Complete tho with his coverage issues hence the 3rd round grade) So depending on who is there in the 4th, maybe the Cards could pick up an Aaron Murray type for the future. I think both Skelton and Lindley are done.

Most of all. I want the Cards to take Reid Fragel from Ohio State. He is a Right Tackle who converted to from Tight End. I love his aggression, and with him having experience at TE, then bringing him in in a power formation as a Tackle Eligible would be a massive uprage to the Cards blocking. He is forecast as a 6/7/Udrafted guy. I'd take him in the 6th to make sure he was a Card. Someone will be getting a blocker who finishes his blocks every time.


I totally agree with what you have said but i would only put a short leach on kolb.. when he has played he has been good and i have faith on him to make us a winnig team if we have a O-line... his figures this year are 9 td for 3 interception (i think thats right).. so that aint too bad seen as tho he was getting rushed and pressured play after play!! the main part is the amount of sacks our three guys have recieved.. no qb can sucseed with as many sacks as we hav let leek!!

and these two guese that you have stated sound great.. and hopefully get our hands on them by the hype and talking up you have gaven then... i predict a winnig year and if the seahawks drop a little and the 49ers keep going back little by little then we might Might grap and snatch a wildcard slot!


GET THE CARDS TO THE UK!!!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 15.12.2012, 04:05 PM
mrbyte11's Avatar
mrbyte11 mrbyte11 is offline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: 22.07.2009
Posts: 846
Default

Quote:
Despite some Cards fans ragging on Levi Brown, we have seen that the options are often worse than what you currently
I think you are being a little unfair on the Cards fans ragging on Levi there.
I think the knock is that he was a poor first round pick, and has never lived up to that mantra, he hasnt been much more than average at best. We passed on Adrian Peterson to get Levi...
I think its his play verse the price tag/draft position that grates.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 16.12.2012, 04:13 PM
Northern Soul's Avatar
Northern Soul Northern Soul is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 15.10.2006
Posts: 6,861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbyte11 View Post
I think you are being a little unfair on the Cards fans ragging on Levi there.
I think the knock is that he was a poor first round pick, and has never lived up to that mantra, he hasnt been much more than average at best. We passed on Adrian Peterson to get Levi...
I think its his play verse the price tag/draft position that grates.
I think his play versus his position is a valid criticism. The hatred poured out about him has been way beyond that IMO. And the constant pointing out he is the worst ever etc, (Something he has had aimed at him for years) has been proved to be patently wrong.
In fact at Right Tackle he was pretty good.

We have to agree to disagree about how the Cards fans have treated him tho bud.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 17.12.2012, 08:18 AM
mrbyte11's Avatar
mrbyte11 mrbyte11 is offline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: 22.07.2009
Posts: 846
Default

ohhh no we dont disagree with how Levi has been treated by the fans

as all internet communites they are completely over the top there is very little balance, If you have a good game you're the next messiah if you have a bad game.....well. Levi has never lived up to his billing, he was pretty good/above average the second half of last season though, but other than that he has never got above the giddy heights of average, certainly never living up to his 1st round pick status.
I *believe* you frequent the official forum (?) I find that forum particullay nasty and its one reason i dont go there anymore. but all the forums are merciless and like to find a scape goat to pick on...Levi is it at the moment ....well no now Skelton has taken that spot
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 17.12.2012, 09:56 AM
Northern Soul's Avatar
Northern Soul Northern Soul is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 15.10.2006
Posts: 6,861
Default

I just love the Cards board. Last week, and the previous 8, Cards fans wanted the head Coach sacked for losing.
Today they want him sacked for winning and costing draft spots.

Insanity comes in many forms.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 17.12.2012, 10:55 AM
mrbyte11's Avatar
mrbyte11 mrbyte11 is offline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: 22.07.2009
Posts: 846
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post
I just love the Cards board. Last week, and the previous 8, Cards fans wanted the head Coach sacked for losing.
Today they want him sacked for winning and costing draft spots.

Insanity comes in many forms.
LOL brilliant
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 12:24 PM.