that has to be the worst I have seen them play - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Old 03.12.2012, 10:21 PM
All Pro

@mikejurecki
Hearing Cards front office has had internal conversations regarding Ray Horton. Tune into XTRA 910 for the latest.

Nothing concrete, but seems the ball may be rolling.
Old 03.12.2012, 10:44 PM
Pro Bowler

....maybe i'll wake up to a knew Cardinal era????
Old 03.12.2012, 11:14 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbyte11 View Post
....maybe i'll wake up to a knew Cardinal era????
I am hoping for changes, not 100% sure Horton is the man just yet, but if he can maintain control of the D and hand of the offense to someone better, then maybe. All that said, they may just be talking about giving him a new deal as D coordinator.
Old 04.12.2012, 10:51 AM
All Pro

Good Morning Cardinal Country! I have calmed down a little from Sunday night and have patiently read through all your thoughts, so here's my chip.

Horton, Not sure he really would be ready as a head coach. I've said before the only circumstance for that move would be HO fear of losing him, and this is the only way to keep him in staff. But we have very little evidence to his abilities in that role. He's done a great job with the D though.

QB. Yes, it's a mess. Yes, that's Whiz & Graves fault. Would it be a mess if Kolb had stayed healthy. I actually think we'd be reasonably happy right now, mediocre season. He was stable enough to win a few games, lose a few. We've been to close to the mark on too many games this year. As for Whiz's decision making, I didn't mind the benching, I did mind Skelton not starting against the Rams. It should have been a message to Skelton, now get back out there and do the job right!

The fabled 'QB who gives us the best chance to win' clearly wasn't Lindley, no matter how you spin it at HT on Sunday, so I fear my big question is, Did Whiz want to win? I don't think there was much benefit in terms of QB evaluation keeping him in there. He is highly unlikely to ever be more than a backup in this league and that was their belief when drafted.

Does this mean Whiz gets the boot. I don't know. I think with the right pieces around him he can be a very good HC, however with the knowledge that clearly QB is not his strong point. So Miller & Grimm are the bigger problems for me. Think about the play-calling. I know Whiz gets the rubber stamp, but you know when he's chipping in because it'll be a trick or something, that 80% of the time works and turns a drive. We would've been lucky to get 3 points had it not been for the fake punt.

So for me. Whiz stays, he gets a stern talking to about learning from mistakes. Get a QB confident group in the rest of the staff, which responsibility to handed to. I feel that if kept healthy Kolb can do as good of a job as any alternative option right now. So lets get the pieces around him & find a competent back up! But, Whiz needs to know he will be walking close to the line all next year.
Old 04.12.2012, 04:39 PM
All Pro

UKCard, you do talk sense there, and I can fully see where you and Northern Soul are coming from. Whiz has his good points, no doubt, in fact he does have alot of ability. he has one drastic fault that is holding us back though, he is too stubborn. If he could just accept where the problems are and look to make those changes, accept that the coaches are not up to it, and look to set about making changes Id have no issue, accept the OL is a sham and draft accordingly. Accept that we dont need guys who can fill lots of spots in an at best manner, but people who can play one position skillfully.

Again, great point about Kolb. If he had have been healthy we could have been ok. That said, Kolb is Whiz' backup QB coming into the year remember, he really got lucky Skelton went down. Also, the IF Kolb had stayed healthy I cant accept as an excuse from anyone. Its the reliance on that IF. We cant rely on that IF next year, we couldnt rely on it coming into the year. He is injury prone, always has been, always will be. I certainly would not stake any money on him getting through a season without being injured. We cant rely on a QB who we expect will get injured at some point, Whiz is doing so, and I worry if he stays, there is a chance he will continue to do so next year.

All I want is an understanding that we need to draft to improve that OL, forget about BPA, we are that desperate at OL, then QB, then RB that we have to forget BPA and instead make improvements there.

The reason I want whiz to go is based on previous, I dont like our chances of doing that should he stay. It is that simple. I think someone else coming in would improve our chances of actually starting to look to improve our glaring weaknesses.
Old 04.12.2012, 07:47 PM
Pro Bowler

looks like Sando is of the same opinion as me

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post...stock-watch-33
Old 04.12.2012, 09:56 PM
All Pro

And changes are being made, big ones...heap cut! and some other guy brought in

Right move, just maybe 10 weeks ago. Dont really understand why the move is being made when the season is over, especially if we have paid him already.
Old 05.12.2012, 08:37 AM
Pro Bowler

I think while we had a mathimatical chance at a winning record they wouldnt cut him as it looks like you are giving up on the season ....now we are done and so is he.

He was a monumental waste which was a shame I thought he could have been a real help, just could stay healthy
Old 05.12.2012, 10:25 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbyte11 View Post
I think while we had a mathimatical chance at a winning record they wouldnt cut him as it looks like you are giving up on the season ....now we are done and so is he.

He was a monumental waste which was a shame I thought he could have been a real help, just could stay healthy
Perhaps, and yes he is done, like us, however do we now not have to pay Heap and this new guy? Why?
Old 05.12.2012, 10:41 AM
Pro Bowler

as a verteran player his salary is garanteed

not sure why we signed another TE anyway we have housler, king, dray and skelton..this new guy wont get on the field