that has to be the worst I have seen them play - Page 4 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 10.12.2012, 03:44 AM
boknows34's Avatar
boknows34 boknows34 is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 03.03.2006
Posts: 15,471
Default

Ray Horton interim coach?
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10.12.2012, 08:17 AM
mrbyte11's Avatar
mrbyte11 mrbyte11 is offline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: 22.07.2009
Posts: 846
Default

O think when/if they fire Whiz they will go to Horton as interim coach...not sure he gets the job permanetly but maybe he will

personally I dont know who I want as the next coach, to be honest its almost more important who we put in as OC
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 10.12.2012, 09:02 AM
AZ's Avatar
AZ AZ is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 05.10.2003
Posts: 3,705
Default

I am lost for words!

I have no idea why I sat through all of that last night! I jokingly said to the missus I will come to bed when they get to 50.....[self moderation][self moderation][self moderation]!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 10.12.2012, 10:20 AM
Northern Soul's Avatar
Northern Soul Northern Soul is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 15.10.2006
Posts: 6,861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
Ray Horton interim coach?
The man with no HC experience, Whose D just gave up, and gave up nearly 60 points? That Ray Horton?

How do you promote a man after that abject failure, without rewarding him for his unit's abject failure?
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10.12.2012, 11:36 AM
james1b's Avatar
james1b james1b is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 07.09.2006
Posts: 7,370
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post
The man with no HC experience, Whose D just gave up, and gave up nearly 60 points? That Ray Horton?

How do you promote a man after that abject failure, without rewarding him for his unit's abject failure?
The D was being praised before this game and the O turned the ball over so many times that the D just lost that fire or willingness to dig in. If it continues then yes the D is starting to become a problem, but one game where the O/ST were just handing the ball to Seattle, it certainly cant all be blamed on the D. I mean lets be honest id find it difficult as the D being so depressed at the performance of the O.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 10.12.2012, 12:19 PM
Northern Soul's Avatar
Northern Soul Northern Soul is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 15.10.2006
Posts: 6,861
Default

That is fair enough James. I personally prefer to keep Whiz. Even after the shambles last night. I think Horton has little to no chance of getting a HC position right now, and would prefer to keep him as the DC next year.
The cleaning of house would have to be Miller and Grimm.

I wouldnt want Rod Graves gone either. BUT I can see Larry Fitz playing elsewhere. And whuile I would hate that. If the trade is unbelieveable, and for the greater good. Then I would have to do it.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 10.12.2012, 12:26 PM
Matt NFL Fan's Avatar
Matt NFL Fan Matt NFL Fan is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 12.09.2010
Posts: 1,220
Default

I feel sorry for Larry Fitzgerald in all this! One of the NFL's best receivers is on course for one of his worst seasons as a pro... how he must wish for Kurt Warner back...


You guys drafted Michael Floyd - and while its still very early in his career and he may develop into a top WR - from an outsiders perspective why didn't the front office draft a wideout later? Surely OL was of greater need?

Fitz has shown a ton of class though at the situation. Anybody would get frustrated with the lack of production, but put other top receivers in his position and they'd probably be whining non stop. He hasn't.

If Fitzgerald is traded where do you see him going?
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 10.12.2012, 12:40 PM
james1b's Avatar
james1b james1b is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 07.09.2006
Posts: 7,370
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post
That is fair enough James. I personally prefer to keep Whiz. Even after the shambles last night. I think Horton has little to no chance of getting a HC position right now, and would prefer to keep him as the DC next year.
The cleaning of house would have to be Miller and Grimm.

I wouldnt want Rod Graves gone either. BUT I can see Larry Fitz playing elsewhere. And whuile I would hate that. If the trade is unbelieveable, and for the greater good. Then I would have to do it.
Your D has been playing hard all season and is the reason that you have 4 wins on the board, yes they were just as poor as the rest of the team yesterday but I certainly think they can be excused.

I would totally agree with you though that promoting a man after his defense gave up 58 is sending an awful message but i think Whiz will get the season anyway.

Fitz could certainky be gone if he sees no improvement in the rest of the O through free agency, good draft picks could probably be of more benefit to the team now anyway.

Big changes coming in the off season though i think and that certainly could leave the door open for Fitz too. A good QB, a new young WR (how has Floyd been?) and some o-line and you could turn things around quite fast, might be a 2 year job though.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 10.12.2012, 12:45 PM
james1b's Avatar
james1b james1b is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 07.09.2006
Posts: 7,370
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt NFL Fan View Post
I feel sorry for Larry Fitzgerald in all this! One of the NFL's best receivers is on course for one of his worst seasons as a pro... how he must wish for Kurt Warner back...


You guys drafted Michael Floyd - and while its still very early in his career and he may develop into a top WR - from an outsiders perspective why didn't the front office draft a wideout later? Surely OL was of greater need?

Fitz has shown a ton of class though at the situation. Anybody would get frustrated with the lack of production, but put other top receivers in his position and they'd probably be whining non stop. He hasn't.

If Fitzgerald is traded where do you see him going?
Oakland have some 1st rounders they dont need im sure

Minnesota? San Diego? Rams/Seahawks? (cant see this though) or maybe even Cleveland? (heading in the right direction) Miami? Lots of potential suitors I would have thought.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 10.12.2012, 01:04 PM
Northern Soul's Avatar
Northern Soul Northern Soul is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 15.10.2006
Posts: 6,861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by james1b View Post
Your D has been playing hard all season and is the reason that you have 4 wins on the board, yes they were just as poor as the rest of the team yesterday but I certainly think they can be excused.

I would totally agree with you though that promoting a man after his defense gave up 58 is sending an awful message but i think Whiz will get the season anyway.

Fitz could certainky be gone if he sees no improvement in the rest of the O through free agency, good draft picks could probably be of more benefit to the team now anyway.

Big changes coming in the off season though i think and that certainly could leave the door open for Fitz too. A good QB, a new young WR (how has Floyd been?) and some o-line and you could turn things around quite fast, might be a 2 year job though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt NFL Fan View Post
I feel sorry for Larry Fitzgerald in all this! One of the NFL's best receivers is on course for one of his worst seasons as a pro... how he must wish for Kurt Warner back...


You guys drafted Michael Floyd - and while its still very early in his career and he may develop into a top WR - from an outsiders perspective why didn't the front office draft a wideout later? Surely OL was of greater need?

Fitz has shown a ton of class though at the situation. Anybody would get frustrated with the lack of production, but put other top receivers in his position and they'd probably be whining non stop. He hasn't.

If Fitzgerald is traded where do you see him going?
I have to say I was 100% against the Floyd pick. IMO it was the worst pick in Cardinal history when DeCastro was still there. Worse than taking Levi Brown rather than Adrain Peterson. because that pick mad e sense on a team that had a terrible O line.

But even tho I thought it was a bad pick. He has been a complete waste of space. Bad routes. Lazy hands. No effort. He may not be helped by his QBs, but he has to put in some effort. And I dont see any at all.

I would hope that if Fitz did go to someone it would be an AFC Team. but who wants to give up 20 million a year, and some high picks, for a wide receiver? I dont think anyone would, so while it could happen, he is likely to be a Cardinal at least until near the end of this contract.
Maybe back to Pitts. But they never pick high enough to make it feasible.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 08:30 PM.