Europa League - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 05.05.2013, 09:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBPacker View Post
Too old, too slow, hanging on to the "glory days" for far too long - someone should really get him to his next upcoming position - press officer for the BNP.
His legs are gone but he's got the footballers brain and he's always in the right place at the right time. That to me is far more important than pace and youthfulness.
Old 05.05.2013, 09:48 AM
All Pro

JT has never had any pace to lose... His problems at the moment are lack of regular playing time and too many off field distractions which, for once, have been a factor.
If he can get fit in the off season, then I expect him to come back strong next season and along with Cahill, be part of one of the best central defence partnerships.
Old 05.05.2013, 10:45 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MockingJay33 View Post
His legs are gone but he's got the footballers brain and he's always in the right place at the right time. That to me is far more important than pace and youthfulness.
Thats what I think as the umpteenth counter-attacking forward leaves him for dead.......

Terry can defend in his own box, anywhere else he's a liability.
Old 05.05.2013, 10:52 AM
Banned

Plus how many other "top" defenders throw their bodies around like JT? The man is a soldier on the field. It'll be a long time before we get another player like him.
Old 05.05.2013, 12:10 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
I'm happy to admit being wrong, and clearly people feel it needs its own thread.
well the discussion is mainly Chelsea and i'm sure quite a few teams could rack up the pages on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by packersfan91 View Post
Anyway back to the Europa league, as a faithful Chelsea fan I am so proud of my team that they have put the effort in to try and win this competition unlike some of the other cowardly British teams that have thought they were to good to be in the competition.

After last years dominance of Europe it was sad to exit the champions league at the group stage, but hey here we are in the next best thing. So roll on to the final lets hope for another blue day, and to all you jealous haters keep doing what your good at

Chelsea Chelsea its gonna be blue day
well its because most of them either dont have a big squad or because they had other priorities and you have rested plays in other comps.
it seems the league cup should just be the cowards cup as no one really takes that seriously.

its not jealously people just dont like a team using blood money to become successful in a snap.
Old 05.05.2013, 01:03 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic Patriot View Post
Not having a go but it's poor that fans will think a Europa cup and a Champions league place next year is a success.
This is why I could never support a big club. Every year, the minimum expectation will be to win everything in sight (PL, both domestic cups, CL).

There are too many good teams, both domestically and in Europe, for that to become a reality most seasons.

It may sound tragic, but I actually like the notion that as a West Ham fan our expectation is firstly to survive and maybe, just maybe we can have a nice little cup run or grab a Europa campaign once in a while.

It just seems sad to me that 'only' finishing 2nd or 'only' being one of the Top 8 sides in Europe is seen as 'poor'.
Old 05.05.2013, 02:42 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic Patriot View Post
Not having a go but it's poor that fans will think a Europa cup and a Champions league place next year is a success.
Dude what are you on?

Semi-final F.A cup

Semi- final Capital One cup

Champions league spot (fingers crossed)

Final (at worse) Europa League

How many teams in Europe would kill for that list,

Arsenal
Spurs
Liverpool
Real Madrid
A.C Milan
Porto

to name but a few, we are a European powerhouse wether you or anyone else likes it or thinks it.

Chelsea have been for at least the last 10 seasons been one of the major teams in WORLD football,

3 Premiership titles

4 F.A cups

Champions League finalist

1 or 2 Carling cups

Oh did I mention Champions league WINNERS

Plus the 1 or 6 Semi-finals

Yes my man, us Chelsea fans are very very happy and content

Chelsea Chelsea

Last edited by packersfan91; 05.05.2013 at 02:45 PM. Reason: missed off the champions of Europe silly me
Old 05.05.2013, 02:49 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
well the discussion is mainly Chelsea and i'm sure quite a few teams could rack up the pages on here

well its because most of them either dont have a big squad or because they had other priorities and you have rested plays in other comps.
it seems the league cup should just be the cowards cup as no one really takes that seriously.

its not jealously people just dont like a team using blood money to become successful in a snap.
Yea right we should all support Arsenal, Spurs or A.F.C Wimbledon I suposse as for J.T well captain of his club and country pocket full of medals didn't cost a penny, not bad ah.
Old 05.05.2013, 02:58 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavlovsDog View Post
It may sound tragic, but I actually like the notion that as a West Ham fan our expectation is firstly to survive and maybe, just maybe we can have a nice little cup run or grab a Europa campaign once in a while.
as a Charlton fan i used to enjoy it too but i suppose it comes down to the expectations for each set of fans. Chelsea fans would surely of been expecting to compete for the title.

Quote:
Yea right we should all support Arsenal, Spurs or A.F.C Wimbledon I suposse as for J.T well captain of his club and country pocket full of medals didn't cost a penny, not bad ah.
well anyone but Chelsea/City would do

yeah JT is the guy you want to hold up as an example

Quote:
Arsenal
Spurs
Liverpool
Real Madrid
A.C Milan
Porto
Arsenal and Spurs might yet get that CL spot and kill is a bit strong (well maybe Liverpool would.)
Old 05.05.2013, 03:06 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
as a Charlton fan i used to enjoy it too but i suppose it comes down to the expectations for each set of fans. Chelsea fans would surely of been expecting to compete for the title.

well anyone but Chelsea/City would do

yeah JT is the guy you want to hold up as an example

Arsenal and Spurs might yet get that CL spot and kill is a bit strong (well maybe Liverpool would.)
We are talking on the field not off the field (J.T), results, successful season and all that.

Lets swop kill for say die then, whoops sorry wrong choice off word, 'would like to have', there that's better

Chelsea Chelsea