NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Sponsored Links

Old 02.07.2014, 10:33 AM
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to Claire Da Bear
Default Hints Tips and Advice for 2014 London Games

HI ALL

I thought I'd open up this tread again for all 3 of our London games this season to pass on some of the things I've learnt going to 7/8 soon to be 10/11 Wembley games (I missed the 9ers Broncos game due to being at a wedding in the states, But did watch it in a sports bar in Vegas every one should do that at lest once in there life time). Now I've also been a very lucky girl and seen my beloved Bears in Chicago a few times as well and in London to boot now. I have experience of being a solo game a tender and going as part of a group of mixed teams fans go to a game and of coruse being a lady at a NFL event.

For every question or helpful post I will put your name in a hat and send a few NFL related goodies to at the end of November. I will PM you if you win.

So below are some of the things I've learnt. Please feel free to post questions or tips hints and ideas for others to read.

1. Bring cash it makes thing easiser and you will spend it and you can keep and eye on your buget.
2. Bring a rain poncho. (I remember the Giants vs Fins game)
3. Wear comfy shoes and extra socks.
4. Pack gloves wembley gets cold when the sun goes down.
5. The game day program is well worth the money.
6. Have meeting place to meet at the end of the game. (The best place is outside the ladies loos as it not so busy as the gents)
7. Bring a sence of humour banter is always flying about.
8. Turn up early and pack your day full of fun
9. The green man pub is defo worth a visit
10. Dont rush out of the stadium if you are taveling on the tube you if only get caught in the crush.
11. Talk to people around you and when lining up for food and stuff.
12. If your buying merch check it before you pay at its the right size and what you asked for.
13. At the Tailgate party and Trafalgar Square L and XXL size goodies sell out first so do your shopping first so that you don't miss out and end up disappointed.

Not a hint or tip really but I really would encourage all neutral fans to get behind the Jags since we will see them for the next 3 seasons at lest. Also if your not done it, it's a good idea to sign up to join the Union Jax fan club http://www.nfluk.com/opinions/articl...amazing-prizes
Sponsored Links
Old 02.07.2014, 11:05 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to HOMEFIELD Send a message via MSN to HOMEFIELD

Great post Claire
Old 02.07.2014, 11:08 AM
Pro Bowler

Assuming the NFL bag policy is still in full effect this year, be aware of what is allowed, and what isn't (a lot of bags aren't allowed in), and plan accordingly.

Details from last year:
http://www.nfl.com/allclear
Old 02.07.2014, 11:14 AM
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to Claire Da Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetePie View Post
Assuming the NFL bag policy is still in full effect this year, be aware of what is allowed, and what isn't (a lot of bags aren't allowed in), and plan accordingly.

Details from last year:
http://www.nfl.com/allclear
This was was lifted last year a few weeks before the game. I have not heard if it back in effet tho.
Old 02.07.2014, 11:17 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire Da Bear View Post
This was was lifted last year a few weeks before the game. I have not heard if it back in effet tho.
Oh right, don't remember that! (assumed it was still in effect)

Ahh - have now found this thread:
https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=98574

So it seems prohibited list is this:
http://www.nfluk.com/content/prohibi...embley-stadium

Last edited by PetePie; 02.07.2014 at 11:24 AM.
Old 02.07.2014, 11:24 AM
All Pro

If you're going into central London after the game, we've found that walking to Wembley Stadium overground station and getting a train into Marylebone is often much quicker than getting caught in the mass of people waiting for the tube station.
Old 02.07.2014, 11:32 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetePie View Post
Oh right, don't remember that! (assumed it was still in effect)

Ahh - have now found this thread:
https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=98574

So it seems prohibited list is this:
http://www.nfluk.com/content/prohibi...embley-stadium
Careful, I got told off on here by one rather upset poster for daring to suggest that food was on the "official" list of what not to bring
Old 02.07.2014, 11:34 AM
Starter

- If you get up for beers/food/toilet during the game, try and wait till a break in play. It's a common courtesy to those around you

- Be prepared to hear some banter, and be prepared to give it back It's all in good fun

- Pace yourself with drinking alcohol if you can't handle it. From Tailgate to the end of the game is a long stretch (~5hours)

- Be prepared to have loud fans around you and don't be afraid to make some noise; Its a sports stadium after all, but....

- ...if someone is getting rude or offensive and its bothering people, let a steward know or text the number they advertise int he stadium. NFL is a much more friendly and inclusive spectator sport than Football (Soccer)

- If you're tailgating, get there early! Food and merchandise lines are loooooong if you leave it too late.

- If you're getting the tube home, either leave a 5 mins early or sit tight. At the final whistle it can take an hour+ to get down Wembley way and onto a tube. Best wait int he stadium for as long as possible and enjoy your seat
Old 02.07.2014, 11:47 AM
Rookie

I watched the list of prohibited items..it is written that backpacks are not allowed..as I'm going directly to the airport after the game I cannot leave my backpack at the hotel..do you think there will be a problem to get inside the stadium with a small eastpack..or is there a possibility to store it somewhere around the stadium (entrance or railway station)?
thanks for your help!
Old 02.07.2014, 12:07 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodo22 View Post
I watched the list of prohibited items..it is written that backpacks are not allowed..as I'm going directly to the airport after the game I cannot leave my backpack at the hotel..do you think there will be a problem to get inside the stadium with a small eastpack..or is there a possibility to store it somewhere around the stadium (entrance or railway station)?
thanks for your help!
I have taken a very small rucksack to most games and never had a problem. If you have a large bag it may be worth contacting Wembley first to see if they can assist. If not some train stations have left luggage facilities - I know Liverpool Street does which is easy to get to from Wembley.