Asda
GAME
Grainger
J Sainsbury's
TheHut.com
Gamestop
Old 27.08.2015, 03:14 PM
Starter

Does anyone have it yet? What are thoughts on how it plays? I really hoped for some improvements to CFM but doesn't look like there are going to be any.
Old 27.08.2015, 05:14 PM
Starter

Think I'll be waiting till after the first patch, plenty of bugs going around so far from the forums I've read.
Old 27.08.2015, 09:07 PM
Pro Bowler

Yeh there are apparently some glitches with franchise mode and ghost players live in game lol. Still its just a matter of time..
Old 28.08.2015, 08:59 AM
Starter

I picked it up yesterday from Grainger Games.

It looks prettier than last year, both in the menus and the match engine. I think I like the new catching mechanic, though it seems a bit tougher to intercept the ball when on D (though easier to bat the ball down).

Only played a couple of play nows and one game in franchise mode. So far so good. No glitches to report of thus far.
Old 28.08.2015, 02:07 PM
All Pro

I played a couple of hours at home, brushing up on skills mainly in the skills trainer, learning the new catching and throwing etc.

Then took turns on it at my mates house for a couple of hours after where we played the new draft champions.

As previous comments, the game looks better than last year (as you'd expect I suppose).
I like the new catch system, I found it a bit tempremental in practice mode though, if you so much as touch the left stick after making the throw it seemed like it wouldn't register the catch command and 4/10 the ball was just bouncing off the receivers head. It seemed to auto catch in games though so might just be a skills trainer thing (or lack of practice).

The draft champs mode seemed pretty cool. gotta give it more time, but it was quite fun and quick game to get into rather than the grind of MUT.

I read a lot of bugs in the CFM mode, my league isn't due to start for a couple of weeks yet, so might not touch on this for a while.

Plenty more to explore, so far it seems improved on last year!
Old 28.08.2015, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

Shouldn't this be in the Computer Games forum?
Old 28.08.2015, 04:00 PM
All Pro

I've got the PS4 version, and in principle I think its the best Madden I've played. The new catching mechanics and DB plays are a great addition, but the aggresive catch is a joke, its a bit pot luck but at times to can basically catch it completely surrounded by player and right up in the air, its a great, but just a tad unrealistic. On one of my first plays, Charles Clay leaped over 3 Jets defenders and then ran in a 74 yard touch down.

It feels like the first version of new era of games, and that the next version will maximise the potential

And there is something weird with the cameras, not sure what, just seems weird.
Old 28.08.2015, 04:05 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldamir View Post
though it seems a bit tougher to intercept the ball when on D (though easier to bat the ball down).
I think it depends on the QBs, and there is much more difference between good and bad QBs than I've seen in previous Maddens, Geno vs the Bills 3 QBs was a interception fest. And it seems to place more emphasis of proper QB play, you cant just roll out and hit a 50 yard pass on the run like you could previously.
Old 28.08.2015, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator

I haven't enjoyed playing Defense in a Madden game in years, never feel I'm in control of what's going on. Much prefer how the older games handled that side of the ball...