7 round Mock - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Sponsored Links

Old 17.01.2017, 01:04 AM
Super Moderator

Default 7 round Mock

Obviously, Draft season is still some way away, but thought I'd get in early and check whether anyone on here would be interested in running our annual 7 round mock Draft this year?

Chris Caulfield (who usually organises it) won't be doing so this year, so we need somebody who can update picks, handle votes/UDFA's etc.

Also, it would be good to know how many people are interested in entering this year, as we cut it fine to fill the last few spots last time...

Will be sorting out who gets which team shortly after we get sign-ups completed. Am open to suggestions on the fairest way of doing so...

Currently in

Wayne Ellis
Chris Caulfield
Tractorboy360 (if Cleveland are available?)
Magnitude
rjdbengal
cheshiremulisha
iffies
Richard Cunliffe (possibly)
goodkarma84
redcar_steeler
maguiremick
Latic (Colts?)
xtianuk II
FallenFlyer
Martz (probable)
BuffaloG
Duesouth10
b182dammit
Northern Soul II
Ollyrules
cospec914
Kevan1971
CautiousPaul
wba1990
JamesGall13
AddyF87
LesterHayes
Crash11
Mikeygnfl
Lonestar1963
Markdimmock812
joefairs

Last edited by wayne ellis; 31.01.2017 at 12:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 17.01.2017, 07:58 AM
MVP

As a regular in this 7 round mock let me be the first to declare that I won't be taking part .

If however after everyone has signed up none of the 32 people taking part want to run the thing then I will do so as a last resort, checking a thread every 6 hours seems fairly easy, at least in comparison to running the pick em and 1 hour mock (famous last words).

Although if I do end up running it, may I suggest a different platform to host it on, one which allows you to embed videos in a post, almost as if you're in the year 2017 .
Old 17.01.2017, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kw13 View Post
As a regular in this 7 round mock let me be the first to declare that I won't be taking part .

If however after everyone has signed up none of the 32 people taking part want to run the thing then I will do so as a last resort, checking a thread every 6 hours seems fairly easy, at least in comparison to running the pick em and 1 hour mock (famous last words).

Although if I do end up running it, may I suggest a different platform to host it on, one which allows you to embed videos in a post, almost as if you're in the year 2017 .

Say it ain't so, kw...
Old 17.01.2017, 09:36 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post

Say it ain't so, kw...
Unfortunately Kroenke has killed all interest in the NFL for me, I haven't even watched a game since mid November, so I couldn't really do any team the justice they deserve...unless I just trade all my picks so I can draft the Texans a QB .
Old 17.01.2017, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kw13 View Post
Unfortunately Kroenke has killed all interest in the NFL for me, I haven't even watched a game since mid November, so I couldn't really do any team the justice they deserve...unless I just trade all my picks so I can draft the Texans a QB .
You're a Texans fan now, forget Kroenke and the stinking Rams! You've got to put your behind in the past...

Besides, a five minute Google search and you can know what any team's needs are...
Old 18.01.2017, 08:03 PM
Hall of Fame

I'm 'doubtful' for this one. If you were desperate to make up numbers then I could probably take a team and do the bare minimum i.e. make a pick in the 6 hour limit, but I wont be around much between 8am-8pm.
Old 18.01.2017, 09:53 PM
Team Captain

If the Colts are available I'll be happy to be involved. Two words - pass rush.
Old 19.01.2017, 12:22 AM
Pro

I'm in as always
Old 20.01.2017, 05:38 PM
Super Moderator

Good turnout so far!

Will be looking to sort out teams shortly after getting all 32 spots filled. Any suggestions on the fairest way to do this? In the past, there have been two systems used (iirc).

First come, first served has been used in recent years, and we've also used a system where people choose three teams in order of preference, with a randomiser used when more than one person goes for the same team.

Obviously, I want as many people to get the team they want as possible, though I don't think it's ever possible for everyone to get their first choice.

I've taken the Jets in recent years, but I'm happy to take whoever is left at the end...
Old 20.01.2017, 08:41 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Good turnout so far!

Will be looking to sort out teams shortly after getting all 32 spots filled. Any suggestions on the fairest way to do this? In the past, there have been two systems used (iirc).

First come, first served has been used in recent years, and we've also used a system where people choose three teams in order of preference, with a randomiser used when more than one person goes for the same team.

Obviously, I want as many people to get the team they want as possible, though I don't think it's ever possible for everyone to get their first choice.

I've taken the Jets in recent years, but I'm happy to take whoever is left at the end...
I'm still annoyed over missing out on the 2014 St. Louis Rams under method 2 .