Picking a team to follow - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Sponsored Links

Old 01.02.2017, 11:40 PM
Pro

Default Picking a team to follow

Hey guys, new member to the forum and I am sure this is something that's asked a lot but how did fellow members pick their NFL team to follow?

Personally I am struggling with this problem myself as I have only recently got back into the sport. I used to watch it back in the C4 days in the 80/90's and loved the Dolphins but I also love Hockey and follow the New York Rangers so that makes me think I should follow the Giants in the NFL as New York is someplace I'd be more likely to visit so there is more chance of me going to a game over there.

I am heading to London in October to watch Saints-Dolphins and I do still feel drawn to the Dolphins but I am a bit OCD about following teams from the same state as I think it makes more sense but that raises another issue for me, The Giants are quite a successful franchise so I kind of would prefer to go with a franchise who aren't as successful and possibly who haven't even won the Superbowl

Just looking to get some suggestions from fellow members and their own stories

Last edited by Fife_Giant; 02.02.2017 at 07:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 02.02.2017, 12:03 AM
Super Moderator

If only there was a New York team that wasn't successful...

#JetUp
Old 02.02.2017, 12:33 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post

#JetUp
Problem with the Jets is I am not big on the Green and White colours

My football team here in Scotland is Rangers so green and white is a no no
Old 02.02.2017, 02:57 AM
Pro

I'm with you on that one, not a fan of Green myself! Perhaps you should support the Carolina Panthers as their kicker (Graham Gano) was born in Scotland and supported the Gers as a kid.
Old 02.02.2017, 04:11 AM
GOAT

thats the erm, good thing about the Giants.

we have had success but a total lack of consistency, we have won recent SBs but as the underdog not the soul crushing side.

we also have struggled since the last win in the 2011 season to make the playoffs and only just made it back in as a wildcard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post

#JetUp
i mean thats like saying i'm not sure you want that steak but theres an old hotdog in that trash can
(thats the toned down version)
Old 02.02.2017, 09:04 AM
Pro

It's a very hard choice especially if you're a football fan which you follow with your heart.

I don't know whether to go with the steelers due to old family friends are huge fans in the us

Green Bay as I like the ethos ie owned by fans and seems to be the least franchise of the franchises as in sports terms franchise is a bit of a dirty word in uk sport.

Or Arizona as I have to thank Amazon and the cardinals for renewing my interest In the sport
Old 02.02.2017, 10:52 AM
Starter

just watch a few games of each of the teams you mentioned and I'm sure you'll feel more attached to one.

in terms of OCD and states, I'm a bit like that with packers and what NBA team to support. I actually followed NBA before NFL but didnt necessarily support a team, just liked certain players. now I find myself looking out for the bucks scores more often than not. plus they got a good bunch of youngsters which helps.
Old 02.02.2017, 03:10 PM
Pro

I plan on watching as much as I can next season on sky tv and may look at getting the NFL Gamepass

Just adding to who I thought would be good to follow when looking at teams who have never won a superbowl but have a long history was the Browns, Bengals, Bills, Cardinals, Lions, Eagles and Vikings. I wouldn't want to be seen as glory hunting or jumping on the bandwagon of a successful team this season even though I have liked what I have seen of the Falcons.

Miami who I originally liked years ago still really interest me and I'd go as far to say they are my most likely team to support as they are a team who haven't won the Super Bowl since 72/73 are a up and coming team and are someone who I don't consider to be moved as a franchise. I'd hate to start following a team and then they get moved to another city or renamed. That's something that put me off the Raiders, Rams and Chargers

Last edited by Fife_Giant; 03.02.2017 at 01:04 AM.
Old 02.02.2017, 04:40 PM
Hall of Fame

Just support the Pats and be done with it.
Old 02.02.2017, 07:17 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavlovsDog View Post
Just support the Pats and be done with it.
Na you're alright mate