Introduce yourselves 'Skins fans - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Washington Redskins

Sponsored Links

Old 29.08.2009, 02:14 PM
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to Gman84
Default Introduce yourselves 'Skins fans

Seeing as we have out own mini-community, thought it would be a good idea to introduce ourselves. I'll start shall I..........

I'm Chris, 35yo, married with two children and another on the way in October. Live just outside Liverpool and I've followed the Redskins since 1984.

As some of you know, I keep a blog on here and I also do stuff for footballdiner.com although I don't consider myself a serious scribe.

I also follow Liverpool FC for my sins (no top four for this team this year, get the Yanks and the Spainard out, not a fan).

I work for Walkers Crisps for a living and work wacky shifts but quite enjoy the job, I have a laugh anyway as I refuse to take work too seriously.
Sponsored Links
Old 29.08.2009, 03:32 PM
Starter

Nice idea

Well my name's Pete, 39 years old and very happily married. Been a Skins fan since 1981 due to knowing someone who's nephews lived in DC and I needed a team to support!
These days I think I know more about the team than they do

Generally dislike sports but love NFL and watch Formula 1 on occasion. Prefer watching offense to defense (something that seems quite rare) and will cheer a crunching tackle behind the line more than I cheer a TD, but obviously when it's the Skins playing, anything positive has me making noise!

In the real world, I'm an ex-retail manager turned software developer currently working for a sixth form college, and it was like going from the worst job in the world to the best.
Old 29.08.2009, 05:27 PM
Pro

Smile

Hi ya all, my name`s Lee, i`m 36 and i`ve been a skins` fan since about 1984 watching riggins, monk and theismann etc. I live in Northampton with my wife and two (soon to be three) boys. I work as a vinly graphics manager which is just putting stickers on vans and cars basically, not a bad job. I`m also a Leeds united supporter and have been watching them nearly all my 36 years. Got tickets for this years international series which will be my third time at wembley watching the series, i just hope that i can get the tickets when the skins come over, been lucky so far.

Last edited by oosh; 31.08.2009 at 08:55 PM.
Old 29.08.2009, 07:36 PM
Pro Bowler

I hope the three of you above realise that what you have posted sounds like an audition for Blind Date.....lol
Old 29.08.2009, 08:12 PM
Pro

Smile

You know what, the more i read mine it does sound like a lonely hearts ad......lol.....
Old 29.08.2009, 09:25 PM
Pro Bowler

Hi fellow Skins fans, My name is Dean I am 30 years old living with girlfriend
of five years and 3 year old son in Newcastle upon Tyne.
I work full time as Taxi Driver where I normally see the sun go down and rise again
during shifts driving good bad and ugly round the city.
Bit of a NFL virgin compared to the majority of you guys as only started follwing
the sport in the middle of our 5-11 season about 3-4 years back but now have
the bug and it has become my number 1 sport, Also follow Newcastle United
unfortunately and the NBA where my team is the Wizards.
Old 30.08.2009, 12:50 AM
MVP

I enjoy walks on the beach, old movies, sitting by the fire on cold nights.
Old 30.08.2009, 01:02 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggo View Post
I enjoy walks on the beach, old movies, sitting by the fire on cold nights.
Sorry for cutting in The quote caught my attention from the live feed LOL!
When I read it in context LMFHO!

You first 3 guys - Jesus!
Old 30.08.2009, 11:40 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smograider View Post
Sorry for cutting in The quote caught my attention from the live feed LOL!
When I read it in context LMFHO!

You first 3 guys - Jesus!
I'm aware that a typical Raiders fan's greeting might involve nothing more than a firm, bloodied, headbutt accompanied by a series of primal grunts but which part of 'Introduce yourselves 'Skins fans' don't you understand?

Anyway, I'm Lee, 37, married. A Redskins fan of 25 years. Our son (nearly 8) insists on supporting my second team Pittsburgh. Not for the rings, you understand, but because they have yellow in their uniform. In fact, caught him just last night playing as the Steelers on his PS2. Working on it.
Old 30.08.2009, 11:57 AM
All Pro

Good idea, interesting to know a bit about the people behind the usernames...

My name's Harminder, prefer Minder, but if you were to read that you'd think my name was Minder as in the 80's TV show, as opposed to rhyming with "Cinder". I'm used to it now, though. I'm 28 years old and have been a Redskins fan as long as I can remember, so probably about 25 years. It started with me as a toddler, sitting on my Dad's lap watching the old Channel 4 games and barring a couple of years of only having a passing interest as a surly teenager, my love for the Skins has remained strong.

Unlike the first few fans on this thread, I'm not married but that's about to change, having proposed to my girlfriend of nine years this May. I'd always told her I wasn't going to marry her until she could name the 53-man roster, but as she bought me tickets to see the 'Skins-Cards game as a birthday present last year, I had to cut her some slack.

Outside of the forum, I'm a research scientist for a well known healthcare company, whose products you've undoubtedly used at some point in your life. My physical activity of choice is karate and in between that, working and playing Madden I tend to do a lot of cooking.