Coverage of the International Series - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Old 09.09.2009, 09:11 PM
Team Captain

Default Coverage of the International Series

It does not really matter that much to me (because I am going) but I got an email saying that SKY has got exclusive rights to the IS at wembley this year. Did the BBC not sign a deal last year that gave them the rights for the next two years (LAST year and this year) I like to record the Wembley GAMES.
Old 09.09.2009, 09:13 PM
All Pro

https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=46943

IS coverage is summarised in the first post.
Highlights only on BBC TV, like 2007.

Live radio commentary on 5 Live Sports Xtra though, so might be worth taking something to the game which will pick it up.

Last edited by BigTone; 09.09.2009 at 09:35 PM.
Old 10.09.2009, 12:09 PM
Pro

Angry

so we have lost First down, NFL europe now the red button games and MNF and now i can't even watch the International Series game live on BBC,( I went last year to wembley and if id have know there were only highlights for the following year game id have gone this year instead)

RIP NFL in the UK im not even sure its worth following NFL anymore without SKY its pointless there will be no coverage left the next time negotiations come around, i can't even order ESPN on its own now without having the whole sky package, MNF AND THE INTERNATIONAL SERIES LIVE would have softened the blow somewhat
Old 10.09.2009, 12:11 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammie78 View Post
so we have lost First down, NFL europe now the red button games and MNF and now i can't even watch the International Series game live on BBC,( I went last year to wembley and if id have know there were only highlights for the following year game id have gone this year instead)

RIP NFL in the UK im not even sure its worth following NFL anymore without SKY its pointless there will be no coverage left the next time negotiations come around, i can't even order ESPN on its own now without having the whole sky package, MNF AND THE INTERNATIONAL SERIES LIVE would have softened the blow somewhat
I think First Down closed because of the internet rather than the NFL struggling in the UK.