Future traded away for washed up has been, again. - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Washington Redskins

Sponsored Links

Old 05.04.2010, 10:51 AM
MVP

Default Future traded away for washed up has been, again.

Nothing has changed, the same "win now" mentality is still there even though it has never managed to produce any winning over the last 13? years and isn't likely to in 2010.
Sponsored Links
Old 05.04.2010, 11:29 AM
Starter

Default Maybe so

The Skins should still look at drafting a QB this year or next, but at least this should put you back in contention to hit the playoffs, even if only for a year. The NFC East is a tough division, and with a rookie QB you'd be lucky to get to the playoffs. I'd move Eagles right down to 4th after this trade, and unless Giants significantly improve this year, you guys might just make a wildcard spot behind the Cowboys.
Old 05.04.2010, 11:21 PM
All Pro

Right there, now, Doc, you're talking my language see.
Old 06.04.2010, 10:57 AM
Pro Bowler

I disagree Riggo - it's different when you trade for a QB, much more a QB of the quality of McNabb. It just doesn't happen.
Old 06.04.2010, 02:41 PM
All Pro

The Eagles still won with McNabb under centre this year as much as they did in the past few. Is he washed up yet? I just don't see it. He could potentially provide 3-4 years of starts for the Skins, allowing them to pick a future QB when they think they'll find him. Could be with Bradford going at #1, Shanahan and Allen just weren't convinced enough by any of the prospects to justify a #4 or #37 pick. Any of the guys available at those points could turn out to be a bust - McNabb has a proven history, just hope he brings it with him.
Old 06.04.2010, 07:28 PM
Pro

the McNabb trade has less chance of being a bust than Clausen being taken at #4, or a Tebow at #37

He was the best QB in the division last year, and Shanahan can add a running game that the Eagles didnt offer last year to make him more dangerous. He has a composure and the experience that Campbell just didnt have last year, he paniced at times even when the line held up and as brave as he was I dont think anyone looked forward to having Campbell back at QB this season.
Old 06.04.2010, 10:36 PM
All Pro

McNabb is hardly washed up. 33 is no age for a QB in this league and although he may not be as capable of making plays with his legs these days he's still a big upgrade on Campbell