coming soon redskins fansite uk - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Washington Redskins

Sponsored Links

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08.04.2010, 12:08 AM
washingtonredskins1's Avatar
washingtonredskins1 washingtonredskins1 is offline
Starter
 
Join Date: 05.12.2009
Posts: 142
Default coming soon redskins fansite uk

yep

redskins uk fansite for well uk fans coming soon

www.redskinsuk.co.uk
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 08.04.2010, 12:07 PM
wuds100's Avatar
wuds100 wuds100 is offline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: 10.11.2006
Posts: 916
Default

Interesting, Is there really a market it for it considering what NFLUK already offers.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08.04.2010, 12:32 PM
washingtonredskins1's Avatar
washingtonredskins1 washingtonredskins1 is offline
Starter
 
Join Date: 05.12.2009
Posts: 142
Default

its more of spreading the word reilly i suppose about the redskins. ive just looked on it it has forums like this 1 and apprentley live update scores when they play.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 14.04.2010, 02:25 PM
citizenstu's Avatar
citizenstu citizenstu is offline
Starter
 
Join Date: 29.08.2009
Posts: 174
Default

Looks bloody awful to me.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 14.04.2010, 03:43 PM
my_friend_goo's Avatar
my_friend_goo my_friend_goo is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 19.12.2005
Posts: 1,502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenstu View Post
Looks bloody awful to me.
Ouch! Nothing like telling it how it is, is there?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 15.04.2010, 07:21 AM
citizenstu's Avatar
citizenstu citizenstu is offline
Starter
 
Join Date: 29.08.2009
Posts: 174
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_friend_goo View Post
Ouch! Nothing like telling it how it is, is there?
No sense sugar-coating everything. It is of course only my opinion. Many people might enjoy the layout and design and such.

If I were in a mood to be more constructive, I'd say I just can't see what it's going to add that I don't currently get from a combination of sites such as NFL.com, the official Skins site and the Washington Post. Those and here have already got news as it breaks, live scoring, active fan communities, etc.

In my view, for this site to work it'll need to offer something unique of interest to UK fans. I don't think it's got that.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 15.04.2010, 11:23 AM
my_friend_goo's Avatar
my_friend_goo my_friend_goo is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 19.12.2005
Posts: 1,502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenstu View Post
No sense sugar-coating everything. It is of course only my opinion. Many people might enjoy the layout and design and such.

If I were in a mood to be more constructive, I'd say I just can't see what it's going to add that I don't currently get from a combination of sites such as NFL.com, the official Skins site and the Washington Post. Those and here have already got news as it breaks, live scoring, active fan communities, etc.

In my view, for this site to work it'll need to offer something unique of interest to UK fans. I don't think it's got that.
I wasn't trying to criticise you or defend the OP, it was menat to be a lighthearted comment. I was under the impression that this was a case of promotion by the site's owner, though...

Strikes me as a typical fansite - a collection of "stuff" with no overall motive or additional benefit as there are a range of pro and well-run amateur websites offering much more out there. A UK Redskins site could provide a means of uniting Skins fans in the UK, but really the opportunity already exists in this forum. We tend to be a bit solitary at times and the vast majority of members with Skins avatars don't even post in this forum or offer an opinion on this team. I'm sure groups of Redskins fans in the UK do exist, but they probably knew each other in the first place, rather than actively through these forums. I guess that's probably just the way of things though. The question is what benefit could we have from uniting Skins fans more? We're remote from games and even the possibility of meet-ups is reduced by practicalities. I think the Redskins UK fan club vanished without trace, too, which doesn't bode well for trying such things.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 16.04.2010, 03:32 PM
citizenstu's Avatar
citizenstu citizenstu is offline
Starter
 
Join Date: 29.08.2009
Posts: 174
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_friend_goo View Post
I wasn't trying to criticise you or defend the OP, it was menat to be a lighthearted comment. I was under the impression that this was a case of promotion by the site's owner, though...
my_friend_goo - there was absolutely no offense taken by me to your comments. I haven't learnt to use "emoticons" or whatever to lighten my writings properly yet. In fact I've only recently come to terms with their existence and started using them in texts to friends, though reluctantly.

However, I suppose there's a place in the world for a to show your in a happy place whilst writing. So I did take it as light-hearted.

Oh, yes, it might be self-promotion! Oh, no. I, erm, didn't think of that. I'll flog myself when I get home for being bad.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Sponsored Links


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 06:46 PM.