Players Needed ! - Page 4 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL in the UK

Old 17.09.2010, 11:57 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchmo View Post
Just take a look at the play-off results prior to this week-end's national finals "huggyj", that's an organisation worth the trip! www.bafacl.com
Yeah i was at the game. Even with a change at QB the Jets have maintained a really dangerous passing attack. The Aztecs beat them twice this season and had easily their poorest showing in this playoff game, but cant take anything away from the Jets. They played really well. I believe Cohen snared in his career 100th TD, Sam Lorne was scrambling out of trouble and connecting with no7 a lot.

So its another London Blitz vs Coventry Jets Britbowl. Should be a good one.
Old 18.09.2010, 10:21 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgo View Post
So its another London Blitz vs Coventry Jets Britbowl. Should be a good one.
Preceded by Lancashire Colts v Bristol Aztecs in the Youth Final.
Old 18.09.2010, 09:56 PM
Pro

I've followed the game for years and i'm 17. Me and some mates played a little 7 v 7 game today. Kinda like the Arena Football League really, playing on offense and defence lol. I played QB and CB. And, this might have been a fluke, but when playing CB, i didn't allow a single reception and played played for pretty much 2 hours as well lol. Got a couple of picks as well. One of my mates who plays QB at his uni said i should really play for a team, i know it was only a bit of fun but i took it seriously. And i was surprised with my decent coverage, considering i was mainly covering someone who plays for a team at WR as well. What should i do guys?
Old 18.09.2010, 10:44 PM
Starter

First up, where are you? Are you planning on going to Uni? If so do they have a team. If not and you don't turn 18 before 1st April 2011 you would be eligible to play Youth next season. If you will be 18 by then you need to look for a senior team. Whatever the case find the team nearest you and go talk to their coaches and they'll either start you at practice or arrange a try out. And if you've managed a 7-7 take along some of your mates, or go along with them to the team they play with.

Last edited by satchmo; 18.09.2010 at 10:46 PM.
Old 18.09.2010, 10:46 PM
Pro

I live in Chelmsford. I am planning on going to uni in America actually, but i do have some backup choices here just in case i don't make it in. I know that 7 v 7 isn't what you would call quality standard football, it was good fun. I've never played full contact so it was a first. My friend i was covering is quick and i made some plays. I've always wanted to play, i think today upped my confidence a bit.
Old 18.09.2010, 10:57 PM
Starter

If you want to get started unfortunately there's nothing on your doorstep, nearest teams are Cambrigeshire Cats; East Kent Mavericks( Canterbury); Colchester Gladiators or South London Renegades ; London Blitz; London Warriors- choice is yours.

Last edited by satchmo; 18.09.2010 at 10:59 PM.
Old 18.09.2010, 11:04 PM
Pro

the guy i was covering for most of the afternoon plays for colchester. It may sound really stupid because it was just a bit of fun but i was really surprised that i could cover that well considering they had a uni QB as well. The uni guy said should play for a team. Either QB or CB he said.
Old 24.09.2010, 07:08 PM
Starter

Default American football needs you!

National finals are now completed, many teams will be getting back to their off-season training programmes, many will be looking to start recruitiing for next year. Now is the ideal time to get along to your local team and speak to the coaches if you're interested in playing. If you're under 19 at the 1st April 2011, or know someone in this age group who is interested, then the Youth and Junior teams in particular would be interested in seeing you. If you're involved with a local school or local authority sports department why not make the first move and see if you can stimulate some interest or opportunities for your local team to demonstrate/promote the game and help keep the grass roots growing for the sport in the UK!

And remember, even if you're not a potential player, there is always a need for new coaches, officials and volunteers to keep the game going and growing, so get involved!