Art 'Satan' Modell.....HOF? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Cleveland Browns

Old 01.12.2010, 09:11 PM
All Pro

Default Art 'Satan' Modell.....HOF?

"Art Modell in the last 26 semifinalists for Pro-football Hall of fame"
Please tell me this isnt going to happen ! . he should be driven to Canton Prison.... not the HOF !!!!!!
Old 01.12.2010, 09:28 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeHelmet View Post
"Art Modell in the last 26 semifinalists for Pro-football Hall of fame"
Please tell me this isnt going to happen ! . he should be driven to Canton Prison.... not the HOF !!!!!!
LOL you got that right

No way will he get through to the last lot.

Can you imagine if he does get in he will be the first person to get booed at his induction ceremony.

Browns fans will buy tickets in their hundreds, with this being the 1st chance to really stick it to him in person since the move.

The media will have a field day with it slating every browns fan going. Some might agree but will be blacklisted from saying so- apart from the cleveland papers like.
Old 01.12.2010, 09:29 PM
Hall of Fame

lol dont worry, this is about the 3rd time he has made the list but it will never happen whilst he is still alive due to the raw emotion still going, also remember Canton is in Ohio and we are the number 1 market team in the state, i think they may tear the HOF down if they allowed Modell to ever get there.

Maybe in years to come after his death the subject may get raised but not now
Old 02.12.2010, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

Modell is a longshot for Canton and I agree with Lee they will wait until he's long gone before giving him more serious consideration.
Old 02.12.2010, 05:22 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebladedawg View Post
lol dont worry, this is about the 3rd time he has made the list but it will never happen whilst he is still alive due to the raw emotion still going, also remember Canton is in Ohio and we are the number 1 market team in the state, i think they may tear the HOF down if they allowed Modell to ever get there.

Maybe in years to come after his death the subject may get raised but not now
Lee , if he gets anywhere near the HOF doors . i will fly too Canton Myself just to Boo that ********** What he did to the Browns IS un-forgivable
Old 02.12.2010, 09:01 PM
All Pro

I'd probably be banned if I posted what I really thought of him, suffice to say I don't agree with the HOF nomination
Old 02.12.2010, 09:40 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_browns! View Post
I'd probably be banned if I posted what I really thought of him, suffice to say I don't agree with the HOF nomination
I dont come from Cleveland or even the USA.........but every time i see a photo of him . my mind goes back to that announcement . that he's " taking the Browns to Baltimore".........................like ***** you are

Your right dave....If i could say what i really think i WOULD be banned from this forum !
Old 03.12.2010, 09:22 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeHelmet View Post
Lee , if he gets anywhere near the HOF doors . i will fly too Canton Myself just to Boo that ********** What he did to the Browns IS un-forgivable
mate you wouldnt get anywhere near Canton for the queues of people wanting to have a pop at him, lets be serious here someone will have a pop at him which is why it will never happen, the NFL alone would not want that level of publicity as it would probably cast the HOF week in a shadow it may never recover from let alone the publicity the Browns would get regardless of it having nothing to do with the orginisation.

The guy aint worth the time or effort frankly, i will drink a beer or two the day he passes away without a single feeling of guilt
Old 03.12.2010, 09:40 PM
All Pro

Can u remember when they were just rumours, as he was using the threat of a move just To get a new stadium.

Which Cleveland council refused to fund the extra £ needed? As it would involve putting people of Cleveland taxes up.

Just an excuse as no one wanted a new stadium anyway.

Just checking me history - prob wrong like
Old 03.12.2010, 10:18 PM
Hall of Fame

Art had used the threat of moving a few times but what put him over the edge, so to speak was that both the Cavs and Indians getting a new stadium before he got one. At the time as well Baltimore was used, like LA is now, as a threat to exsisting teams to pay up or lose the team. Both the Redskins and the Bengles owners got new staduims from threats to move the team to Baltimore.

Also at the time Art agreed to move the crowds were dropping because Bill Belichick was tearing the heart out of the team, he had benched Bernie Kosar and was basically acting like a tool yet Art couldnt understand why the fans were against him.

Could the city have done better, probably yes but not for what Art wanted or what Baltimore was willing to offer and did offer