Greetings - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > New to the NFL?

Sponsored Links

Old 13.02.2012, 01:57 PM
Rookie

Default Greetings

Hi All,

Just getting back into the NFL after a very long break. First watched it back in 1988, but that only lasted a couple of years.

I never really followed a team as such, as I spent most of my team getting my head around the rules I do remember liking the Redskins, but I'm pretty sure that was due to their Super Bowl win in ' 88 (gloryhunter ) but I was 14 at the time.

I'm now deciding which team to follow in my new journey to the NFL. I've short listed the following, with reasons why:

Washington Redskins - As that was the first team I really followed. But due the reason why I followed them (above), not sure I'm happy with that.

Seattle Seahawks - Nothing more than the fact I'm from the North West, which matches their division. I went for Seahawks in that division due to being a fan of Frasier.

Dallas Cowboys - I lived and worked in the USA for 9 months and was based in Dallas, so I have more of a connection with these, over the others.

I don't think either would put me in the 'Bandwagon category', so I think I'll start watching some footage to help make my decision. Unless anybody has any other ideas of swaying my decision

Want to have made my decision before the draft starts.
Sponsored Links
Old 14.02.2012, 08:43 AM
All Pro

Thumbs up

Welcome aboard

All the best with your team choice. My opinion is to pick the team you enjoy most. Don't be put off by the bandwagon tag if the team you choose is considered to be a bandwagon team by other folk (it's you who makes the choice not them!)..... The important thing is to stick with that team through good and bad once you've settled on them!

Happy choosing
Old 14.02.2012, 04:21 PM
Rookie

Thumbs up

Thanks john316
Old 14.02.2012, 04:35 PM
Pro

Hi Crozzer, I'm a newbie to the board having recently become a fan of American Football. Welcome!
p.s. the Dallas Cowboys fans on here are a good bunch
Old 14.02.2012, 07:57 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozzapool View Post
p.s. the Dallas Cowboys fans on here are a good bunch
Thanks Lozzapool, you've just swayed me
Old 14.02.2012, 08:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crozzer View Post
Hi All,

Just getting back into the NFL after a very long break. First watched it back in 1988, but that only lasted a couple of years.

I never really followed a team as such, as I spent most of my team getting my head around the rules I do remember liking the Redskins, but I'm pretty sure that was due to their Super Bowl win in ' 88 (gloryhunter ) but I was 14 at the time.

I'm now deciding which team to follow in my new journey to the NFL. I've short listed the following, with reasons why:

Washington Redskins - As that was the first team I really followed. But due the reason why I followed them (above), not sure I'm happy with that.

Seattle Seahawks - Nothing more than the fact I'm from the North West, which matches their division. I went for Seahawks in that division due to being a fan of Frasier.

Dallas Cowboys - I lived and worked in the USA for 9 months and was based in Dallas, so I have more of a connection with these, over the others.

I don't think either would put me in the 'Bandwagon category', so I think I'll start watching some footage to help make my decision. Unless anybody has any other ideas of swaying my decision

Want to have made my decision before the draft starts.
Yeah Dallas considering you worked there, would be your best bet, or the St Louis Rams seeing as they are playing 3 home games at Wembley UK over the next three years, but the season's just finished!! still you can watch replays on the net I guess. They've set up a sports bar where I live, playing Sky Sports in HD all four channels, can't wait until the season starts again. Sky definitely have a contract right!
Old 15.02.2012, 12:06 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crozzer View Post
Thanks Lozzapool, you've just swayed me
Woooo! Welcome aboard!
Old 15.02.2012, 10:25 PM
Rookie

Dallas or any team in the NFC east is a good choice as this division is full of big rivalries which results in lots of coverage on the telly in the uk. I quite like cheering against Dallas as they are such a massive club but their recent failures are starting to invoke some sympathy from me. They definitely win in the Cheerleader stakes,very sexy...